Left turn on 2 lane. Stay in R/H lane or L/H to let cars continue on?

/ Left turn on 2 lane. Stay in R/H lane or L/H to let cars continue on? #121  
As I mentioned before, most traffic laws are merely enforced courtesy. If everybody followed the same rules the roads would be a lot safer. After reading this and a few of the other ongoing threads it's obvious that many don't even know the laws they are supposed to be following. That includes me, until last week I didn't realize that bicyclists are allowed on the sidewalks.
>
>
>
At the end of the day though, the law which I always heed is that of physics, which state that two solid objects can't occupy the same place at the same time.

/ Left turn on 2 lane. Stay in R/H lane or L/H to let cars continue on? #122  
If you don’t like the way I drive, stay off of the sidewalks.

/ Left turn on 2 lane. Stay in R/H lane or L/H to let cars continue on? #123  
B all the way. Slowing behind someone that is turning off is just part of driving. Deal with it.

I've had people turn on the wrong turn signal at times and you go to pass them on one side or the other and they start cutting you off.

I've had people swerve into the left lane or further into the right, thinking they are gonna turn one way, and they are actually just prepping to make a wide turn the other way.

These scenarios are especially fun on a motorcycle.

People are sometimes thinking they are somehow doing me a favor and being courteous, and I'm thinking "what the heck is this idiot doing" more than "thanks".

/ Left turn on 2 lane. Stay in R/H lane or L/H to let cars continue on? #124  
choice A - only down to the last maybe 50ft.
The approach is different for what type of roadway.
Back country road, no lines? start moving to more center of road.
Country road with lines, start hugging more to left of your lane, wheels now on the center line stripe, maybe a little over.
All conditions are with blinkers on.
Country road with center line, but no good forward view, you stay on your side of the road.

All situations are maybe on center line or maybe a little over. Totally in the oncoming lane, no.

Last edited:
   / Left turn on 2 lane. Stay in R/H lane or L/H to let cars continue on? #125  
Around here - you will find this. Left lane is marked - "left turn only". Right lane is marked - "straight ahead or right turn". Seems to work very well.

Folks caught in the wrong lane at an intersection - tough ****. The choices are there for them to make.

/ Left turn on 2 lane. Stay in R/H lane or L/H to let cars continue on? #126  
I usually do A. Some here seem to be thinking that the technique is to drive several hundred yards in the wrong lane. Maybe some do it that way, but I put on my signal and start slowing move into the left lane 50 to 100 feet max before I turn. I do this especially when it's a semi behind me. He doesn't need to slow down to 20 so I can make a turn. I do B only if I am being tailgated, I never know what somebody that rude will do.

/ Left turn on 2 lane. Stay in R/H lane or L/H to let cars continue on? #127  
If you go into the oncoming lane, (Choice A) I'm NOT going to pass you. I'm going to be wondering what you are doing and that you might be suddenly returning to the proper lane.
Likewise, I would not pass a car getting in the left hand lane on a two lane road (most likely with a set of double yellow lines informing me not to pass). I would not be wondering if the driver may come back in my lane, but wondering what kind of idiot I'm behind and stay away from them.

Honestly, option A never ever crossed my mind and didn't know people drive like that as I've never observed option A ever used.

/ Left turn on 2 lane. Stay in R/H lane or L/H to let cars continue on? #128  
My in-laws told me one time I should turn on my right turn signal when the vehicle in front of me is turning right, even if I am going straight. It became a big discussion between both families, me saying no I should not. so a year or more later the father-in-law turned his blinker on for the car in front of him and the cars behind him went around thinking he was turning right I really enjoyed saying I told you so. But I have done option A but only after being very cautious and option B would be my choice.

/ Left turn on 2 lane. Stay in R/H lane or L/H to let cars continue on? #129  
Friday, a semi was stopping at a red light. Van behind it passes it (double yellow) cuts in front of semi and makes a right on red (without stopping) with no right on red sign. What a weird new world we live in.

/ Left turn on 2 lane. Stay in R/H lane or L/H to let cars continue on? #130  
Friday, a semi was stopping at a red light. Van behind it passes it (double yellow) cuts in front of semi and makes a right on red (without stopping) with no right on red sign. What a weird new world we live in.
We can automatically turn right on red after stopping, unless it's posted otherwise. Yet I doubt that what you saw was legal anyplace in North America.