4520R exhaust adequate for pest erradication?

/ 4520R exhaust adequate for pest erradication? #11  
We have a raised bed garden in front of our house that's about 10' x 30', has oak beams for edges and last few years has been chipmunk city!
They eat much of what's in there. I had a strawberry pyramid on one end that did well until they moved in and I eventually took it down giving up as they ate them all. I've tried dropping poison bait down the holes as used for shrews and moles but no luck. Like Gophers they have multiple holes they use and are a cute, but very destructive pest. We live back in the woods where they've always been around but in recent years they've owned that raised bed.
Chipmunks and squirrels eat wires and more on vehicles over the years as they live to chew like any rodent. They've chewed the plastic engine sound covers on engines, cold weather battery surroundings, various wires and wire connectors and also use warm engines as eating platforms to eat acorns, walnuts and buckeyes. We don't keep dogs or cats which would probably help.
I'm open to ideas? Anything that kills them I'm open to doing. Guns are out as "Alvin & Theodore" are very jittery and don't pose for guns.

/ 4520R exhaust adequate for pest erradication? #12  
Dry ice has been used by City of New York for rat reduction. Like exhaust or gas cartridges it works better in dense less porous soils. Place bits in several holes and monitor others with a shotgun in hand.

/ 4520R exhaust adequate for pest erradication? #13  
Hello All,

Is there enough poisonous gases coming from the exhaust system on a newer 4520R to duct it into a gopher hole and kill the "B"-Turd? I have several active dens of pocket gophers that are driving me nuts. I can't use baits or poison because of my pets. I have tried flooding to no avail. I tried a 15 minute road flare to no avail. I guess it's getting down to standing there for an hour with a shotgun to blow the little turkey up when he pops his head out. Thanks, B.
In Vietnam we piped the exhaust from a Diesel generator into tunnel openings to kill enemy combatants. Worked good. Don't know about gophers.

/ 4520R exhaust adequate for pest erradication? #14  
Might do better to buy some dry ice (CO2). Put some of it in the holes. It's heavier than air (44 vs. 29 mole wt) and would displace the air in the holes.

/ 4520R exhaust adequate for pest erradication? #15  
As this guy notes in the video, and CA announced this week when they said they would phase out all lawn car small gas engines in ten years, lawnmowers put out more toxic exhaust in a shorter time than any cars, trucks or tractors. Maybe you can use his method?

/ 4520R exhaust adequate for pest erradication? #16  
As this guy notes in the video, and CA announced this week when they said they would phase out all lawn car small gas engines in ten years, lawnmowers put out more toxic exhaust in a shorter time than any cars, trucks or tractors. Maybe you can use his method?

This is kinda the same thing but not as boring:
lol! :p

/ 4520R exhaust adequate for pest erradication? #17  
This is kinda the same thing but not as boring:
lol! :p
Looks like that is a whole lot more efficient at "plowing" than most plows! Maybe we should market that as a "New" inexpensive, non-tractor powered plow! Do you think we could train the gophers to build their tunnels just around our planting areas? We could (literally) kill two birds (gophers) with one stone!
😀😉🙃

/ 4520R exhaust adequate for pest erradication?
I do have a 26hp twin cylinder riding mower I could use to pipe gas into holes. That would prolly work better than tractor. B.

/ 4520R exhaust adequate for pest erradication? #19  
We don't have gophers here but the method I find most amazing is used a truck that sucks them out and into the boxed truck. Was on youtube.

I thought the comment the man blew up his yard was an overkill till I watch the video!!

I have used the tobacco bed gas to kill large rates under grain bin slabs. But gas fumes should work. Not sure if gas or diesel but was told the dog pounds used that method to put them to sleep few years back.

/ 4520R exhaust adequate for pest erradication? #20  
Might do better to buy some dry ice (CO2). Put some of it in the holes. It's heavier than air (44 vs. 29 mole wt) and would displace the air in the holes.