Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,271  
^^^^
Some of us can't afford fancy highway or sports cars.
Then again my tractor isn't the cleanest, either.

I waxed my first new pickup- a 1983 Ranger- every weekend. The F150 I replaced it with got waxed just once... I didn't realize how much more surface area there was on that thing!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,272  
I don't understand the fascination with clean tractors... or clean 4x4's.

Fancy highway cars, sports cars? I washed & waxed those. My tractor gets washed occasionally and only if I don't expect it be using it again for a month, which means almost never.

I’m definitely not a neat freak but I don’t like my equipment covered in dust.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,273  
Cars, trucks, tractors..... they're machines to me. Don't care if they're dirty.
I've had cars for 3 or 4 years that might get washed once. Living on a dirt road helps take
the pride out of a clean vehicle.
Then again, most cars only last me a year because I buy them for a few hundred and run them
into the ground and repeat. Usually don't have them long enough to wash.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,274  
I don't understand the fascination with clean tractors... or clean 4x4's.

Fancy highway cars, sports cars? I washed & waxed those. My tractor gets washed occasionally and only if I don't expect it be using it again for a month, which means almost never.
Agree. My tractors have seagull carp all over them, until the twice a year pressure wash. Attached is a picture of some of the likely suspects. I think they swoop in at night and leave their treasure.
6B74B9FB-337E-43FB-B99F-A8F61B9298D2.jpeg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,275  
I wash my stuff once in a while, inside and out, with the air hose.

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,276  
New to me TYM T394 tractor. No ballast in tires. I made a ballast barrel with quik crete, around 900lbs total. If I picked up some large wood chunks or logs with the pallet forks, I did the wheelie pretty quick. Problem solved with the barrel.

Attachments

• IMG_6958.jpg
    IMG_6958.jpg
    348.1 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_6962.jpg
    IMG_6962.jpg
    407.4 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_6994.jpg
    IMG_6994.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 109
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,277  
New to me TYM T394 tractor. No ballast in tires. I made a ballast barrel with quik crete, around 900lbs total. If I picked up some large wood chunks or logs with the pallet forks, I did the wheelie pretty quick. Problem solved with the barrel.
I have a similar barrel (and loaded tires). Makes a huge difference. Mine's like 1400#.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,278  
I cut up one of two pretty nice size cherry trees that broke over for next years heat. This one took 6 trips. The other tree is larger and will be tricky as it partially broke about 8' up and fell, lodging in two other large trees.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,279  
I cut up one of two pretty nice size cherry trees that broke over for next years heat. This one took 6 trips. The other tree is larger and will be tricky as it partially broke about 8' up and fell, lodging in two other large trees.

Good load in the L...

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,280  
Good load in the L...

Thanks, actually too much of a load w/o rear ballast, after driving part way to the house I had to dump the load when the rear of the tractor lifted. These tractors must be nose heavy with just an empty loader and just that load of wood lightened the rear enough to come up. After dumping the load I drove back empty to connect the ballast box, then went back for it and the other 5.