Leather boot got soaked in diesel fuel. Will it be OK?

/ Leather boot got soaked in diesel fuel. Will it be OK? #21  
That's what I was thinking - Newbury. But perhaps some type of boot oil rather than diesel. I rather like the look of the darker boot.

"Going to town boot" - - what I currently have on my feet is what I wear to town. I doubt many merchants would care. It certainly makes no difference to me.

Besides my Mucks sort of go well with my stained bibs.
Mink Oil

/ Leather boot got soaked in diesel fuel. Will it be OK? #22  
I wore my Red Wing boots while helping someone pour a concrete. I was told I would not need rubber boots. Well, that changed quicly when I had to step in the concrete to rake it away the guy screeding. Small 10 by 16ft slab. When done pouring, and concrete truck still there, I grapped his water hose and hose my boot off. Water never soaked through. Mainly because I keep them oiled up with Red Wing 's boot oil. Like some else said, just spill some diesel on the other one and you will a two tone pair of boots, classy for a night on the town. Jon

/ Leather boot got soaked in diesel fuel. Will it be OK? #23  
Time & 'Sno-Seal' (TM). You're welcome. :sneaky:

/ Leather boot got soaked in diesel fuel. Will it be OK? #24  
Time & 'Sno-Seal' (TM). You're welcome. :sneaky:
Sno-Seal was my favorite growing up in Vermont in the '50's and '60's.
I really liked dipping in to the grease and spreading it on our leather boots and my fathers 1947 Army Air Corps jacket. Then later in the 70's greasing my Army boots.

/ Leather boot got soaked in diesel fuel. Will it be OK?
Here's how this turned out. The boot with the diesel on it had blended in with wear and shows zero difference with the other boot. I happen to saddle soap, oil and wax my boots 2X a year and after just doing that I'm not sure which boot had the diesel on it.

I'm never in water out here so use is just dry scuffing to bare leather on dirt or grass and crop stubble. The diesel thing was a blip of nothing so if you spill diesel on your boots, forget about it.

/ Leather boot got soaked in diesel fuel. Will it be OK? #27  
Here's how this turned out. The boot with the diesel on it had blended in with wear and shows zero difference with the other boot. I happen to saddle soap, oil and wax my boots 2X a year and after just doing that I'm not sure which boot had the diesel on it.

I'm never in water out here so use is just dry scuffing to bare leather on dirt or grass and crop stubble. The diesel thing was a blip of nothing so if you spill diesel on your boots, forget about it.
That's what I noticed also. No real damage to the boots, wearing them might smell like diesel for a while, but it will air out. Jon

/ Leather boot got soaked in diesel fuel. Will it be OK? #28  
Just a side note: Has anyone else the opinion that the quality of Redwing has gone down hill over the last few years. It was the only brand I would buy for 30 years or so, but have been rather unpleased with my 2 most recent purchases. The fit for the same size and models I previously purchased several times is different, the soles wear out quicker, etc. They stopped making my favorite loafers because (the dealer said) they were to just expensive to make. Is it just me?

/ Leather boot got soaked in diesel fuel. Will it be OK?
I buy the basic farmer model 952/953. It's a standard made in USA model and I feel it's unchanged over at least the last 20 years. Same quality. The 952 is their 6" model that was discontinued in favor of the 8" model 953. All seems the same to me.

/ Leather boot got soaked in diesel fuel. Will it be OK? #30  
Just a side note: Has anyone else the opinion that the quality of Redwing has gone down hill over the last few years. It was the only brand I would buy for 30 years or so, but have been rather unpleased with my 2 most recent purchases. The fit for the same size and models I previously purchased several times is different, the soles wear out quicker, etc. They stopped making my favorite loafers because (the dealer said) they were to just expensive to make. Is it just me?
Probably not you but the model you are wearing. I’ve been wearing Redwing boots a long time. I still have 3 pair that were bought over the last 30 years. Two are well worn but very serviceable work boots. The third I wear for casual dress. All three are model 1178 and they are Made in the USA. The soles have never worn out and they are still comfortable. The heels have worn a little but that has been over 20 and 30 years.

Ive worn out a lot of other work, dress and casual shoes and boots in that time frame but the Redwing 1178’s are still good. Made in the USA!