Ford 1920 power steering hoses

/ Ford 1920 power steering hoses #1  

Steve Hoffman

Tractor
Ford 1920
I have a crack in the rubber hose going from the bulkhead metal hose to the piston. How do I get the rubber hoses out? Not much room for a wrench. Drop the axle? Pull the piston?

/ Ford 1920 power steering hoses #2  
I haven't replaced the hoses, but I did just drop the axle to replace the bushings. It's quite easy. Just make sure the axle is well supported, because it will want to rotate input shaft end down.

/ Ford 1920 power steering hoses #3  
yea i know this thread is almost 7 years old...but this info may help the next guy.

i just did it...not that hard. Remove or loosen the flare nut and loosen the retainer nut on the adapter fitting where it passes through the frame. This will allow the hose to swivel as neither end is a swivel fitting. Now get a wrench on the hose where it terminates into the steering cylinder and the entire hose should rotate allowing you to remove it from underneath after completely removing the retainer nut at the frame member. I think it's easier to do this with the cylinder in place.

/ Ford 1920 power steering hoses #4  
yea i know this thread is almost 7 years old...but this info may help the next guy.

i just did it...not that hard. Remove or loosen the flare nut and loosen the retainer nut on the adapter fitting where it passes through the frame. This will allow the hose to swivel as neither end is a swivel fitting. Now get a wrench on the hose where it terminates into the steering cylinder and the entire hose should rotate allowing you to remove it from underneath after completely removing the retainer nut at the frame member. I think it's easier to do this with the cylinder in place.

Seven years old but it just helped me with same problem!