John Deere 14t Disaster

/ John Deere 14t Disaster #1  

DB1200

Tractor
David Brown 1200
I was baling hay the other day. I had baled about 27 bales when I noticed it was pushing hay out of the back with no twine on them. So I stop and go back and both the bill hooks had many wraps of twine around them. Then noticed the knotter frame was broken on the right side. I start taking it apart and all kinds of problems. So what I want to know is what in the world caused all this to break. Knotter frame broken on right side, both the knotter gears have cracks running through them, the shaft keyway for the knotter gears is all kinds of messed up. Thanks for the help. Idk if this baler is worth saving at this point or has it become a parts baler? Oh yeah, the needles and everything else looks fine. Just the knotters section is messed up.
IMG_20220604_112846002.jpg
IMG_20220604_112853884_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220604_112840318_HDR.jpg

/ John Deere 14t Disaster #2  
That last pic with the exposed threads makes it look like that area has been welded before. doesnt look like a new injury either with the corrded metal. probably could get a good used knotter apparartus and put that in but would do a full set up amd make sure the timing is dead on.

/ John Deere 14t Disaster #3  
Looks to me like lack of proper and frequent greasing and not replacing worn parts. New bailer time I'd say.