Beware of Catalytic Converter Thefts

/ Beware of Catalytic Converter Thefts #61  
Everything which I've owned in the last 40 years or so did.

The O2 sensors really don't like it.
I guess I don't consider latches to be locks. Those are mainly just to keep the hood from flying up whole in motion.

/ Beware of Catalytic Converter Thefts #65  
I guess I don't consider latches to be locks. Those are mainly just to keep the hood from flying up whole in motion.
You need to get into the passenger compartment to open the hood, so I consider that locked... assuming you lock your doors. If not, then why would you want a separate lock on the hood?

/ Beware of Catalytic Converter Thefts #66  
You need to get into the passenger compartment to open the hood, so I consider that locked... assuming you lock your doors. If not, then why would you want a separate lock on the hood?
It takes a thief mere seconds to get into a car cabin. It's all moot as any lock would just add time. With catch and release, there is no way to stop someone determined to steal.

/ Beware of Catalytic Converter Thefts #68  
It takes a thief mere seconds to get into a car cabin. It's all moot as any lock would just add time. With catch and release, there is no way to stop someone determined to steal.
At one time Ford offered a locking hood release as an option... similar to what's in vehicles now except that it needed a key to lock/unlock it.

In answer to your most recent question; the easiest solution is to always park in a locked garage. This has been going on for years now, and the invention of the cordless saw makes it easier. Funny, I always thought they would be a great moose poaching tool. I guess that I don't set my sights high enough. (Not that I would poach, but if I did that would be the first thing I bought.)

/ Beware of Catalytic Converter Thefts #69  
At one time Ford offered a locking hood release as an option... similar to what's in vehicles now except that it needed a key to lock/unlock it.

In answer to your most recent question; the easiest solution is to always park in a locked garage. This has been going on for years now, and the invention of the cordless saw makes it easier. Funny, I always thought they would be a great moose poaching tool. I guess that I don't set my sights high enough. (Not that I would poach, but if I did that would be the first thing I bought.)
Hahaha..."New from Makita, the Moose Poacher 2000! Didn't get a tag this season, no problem. Need meat out of season, no problem. Bulls, Cows, Calves, who cares? The Moose Poacher 2000 can make all of the disappear. It's like Magi...kita!"