Beware of Catalytic Converter Thefts

/ Beware of Catalytic Converter Thefts #71  
I put aftermarket cats, which have no expensive stuff in them, on the truck I bought.
I'm thinking of putting a sticker on the fenders saying
"Aftermarket Catalytic Converters.
No rare metals inside - no value"

/ Beware of Catalytic Converter Thefts #72  
LOL, deflate your tires at night so the perps can't crawl under to remove the Catalytic Converters.

/ Beware of Catalytic Converter Thefts #73  
LOL, deflate your tires at night so the perps can't crawl under to remove the Catalytic Converters.
Is that why the kids take a perfectly good truck and put tiny wheels/tires on them?

/ Beware of Catalytic Converter Thefts #74  
Back in the 80’s when I was still 135# I could slide under my 70 Nova and drop the manual transmission out with no jack stands. Now I know modern cars are a bit closer to the ground, but I’m guessing skinny kids can still get under a lot of vehicles, especially SUVs and Crossovers, without any jacks needed.

/ Beware of Catalytic Converter Thefts #76  
Back in the 80’s when I was still 135# I could slide under my 70 Nova and drop the manual transmission out with no jack stands. Now I know modern cars are a bit closer to the ground, but I’m guessing skinny kids can still get under a lot of vehicles, especially SUVs and Crossovers, without any jacks needed.
Got curious and found this link for dimensions of Nova’s of many years. 1970 had rocker panel clearance of 7.6” at the front and 8.4” at the rear. Frame to ground was even less. Man, I was skinny.

/ Beware of Catalytic Converter Thefts #77  
Got curious and found this link for dimensions of Nova’s of many years. 1970 had rocker panel clearance of 7.6” at the front and 8.4” at the rear. Frame to ground was even less. Man, I was skinny.
Man, that must have been a skinny transmission to pull it out after you dropped it.

/ Beware of Catalytic Converter Thefts #78  
So that pretty much means that scrap metal dealers can't accept them anymore? Auto wreckers would stockpile them until their vendor came around to collect them, that should take the tweaker element out of the market.
What would be far more effective would be to have the criminal friendly DA's personally liable for all repairs when one of their clients is out on his 17th PR bond for cutting cats.
Is the Criminal Justice problem a DA problem or a COVID-19 problem?

Courts across the US have back logs of people awaiting trial numbering in the thousands. Detention facilities are also not large enough and available to hold the criminal element of society of today either While awaiting trial.

It is going to cost tax payers billions to enlarge the US Justice System to insure a quick and speedy trial to provide deterrence to criminal behavior in order to accommodate the large number of individuals choosing criminal behavior as a career path today instead of gainful employment

/ Beware of Catalytic Converter Thefts #79  
Man, that must have been a skinny transmission to pull it out after you dropped it.
It was just a 3 speed. As I recall (it’s been 40+ years) I’d disconnect the drive shaft, remove the cross member, remove the bolts holding the transmission to the bell housing, then drop it onto my chest, then roll it off to my side, then drag it out.

/ Beware of Catalytic Converter Thefts #80  
It was just a 3 speed. As I recall (it’s been 40+ years) I’d disconnect the drive shaft, remove the cross member, remove the bolts holding the transmission to the bell housing, then drop it onto my chest, then roll it off to my side, then drag it out.
No car transmission that I've seen less <7.5" tall. You must have jacked it up.