Well i broke it this time

/ Well i broke it this time #21  
That's an awesome price for the work. You are lucky to have a shop like that near you!

All the best,

Peter

/ Well i broke it this time
IMG_9542.JPG
IMG_9543.JPG
IMG_9544.JPG
IMG_9545.JPG
here is the pics of his work, looks better than factory to me, didnt even have to take it off the trailer! Lol The one thing he and I found interesting is the holes on the lift arms were a tot larger than the pin that was put in and the one replaced. It all welded up just fine though. Been using today and seems to be just fine.

Last edited:
   / Well i broke it this time #25  
Nice photos, and I agree, a better than factory welding job. Your welder is a gem!

All the best,

Peter

Yeah. My guess is if you clean it up and make a tight fit to the rollover arms, and maybe not bevel the end of the tube too much, it’s not going to burn through and grab the pin. Of course, that depends on how thick the tube is, how big the hole in the rollover arms is, how much heat you weld with, etc. as you know.

I have a reamer somewhere that fits the inside diameter of the caster wheel tubes. I think it’s 1” or slightly larger. They were throwing things out at my old employer and I acquired it many years ago. It’s about a foot long and would reach the center of that tube from either end.

From what I’ve been reading, one of the main problems with these simple bearings is that the wearable material is not replaceable like ball/needle bearings or bushings. And a welded in pin doesn’t help much either. I wonder if they pinned the pin instead of welding it would work? There’s not much rotational force on that pin. It’s just sitting there for the rollover arm tube to roll on. I wonder what the forces the tube puts on the pin are?

Anyhow, it’s a low speed movement. Even if there was a high spot in there pressing against the tube, it’s probably not going to gouge the pin to the point of breaking, and once a path is worn into it, it won’t get any deeper.

That’s my sloppy engineering opinion.

I’d like to hear others’ opinions on it.

I know what you mean on the engineering comment but this one is 21 yrs old so i think it did pretty well considering, the design passed the savings to is in simplicity, it fefinatly had the longevity

Last edited:
   / Well i broke it this time #27  
I know what you mean on the engineering comment but this one is 21 yrs old so i think it did pretty well considering, the design passed the savings to is in simplicity, it fefinatly had the longevity
I bought mine new in 2001. I’m still very happy with it. I love the simplicity. Would purchase another if I had to. (y)

/ Well i broke it this time #28  
Went to lift a tote of wood heard a pop and my forks would not tilt. Upon closer examination i discovered the pivot point on my lifting arms thatcontrol the machine broke….
I guess it did pretty good considering its a 2001 model. 21 years is a pretty good run i think. I wonder if i can get it repaired or i have to order a whole new assembly. I will call PT. On monday and find out. View attachment 751654
Bring it on by I'll whip out my grinder and crack open a can of 7018 pop that inner rod on the lathe after building it up and have you up and running in oh maybe a day and a half.

Bring it on by I'll whip out my grinder and crack open a can of 7018 pop that inner rod on the lathe after building it up and have you up and running in oh maybe a day and a half.

Got it done in half a day.