WR Long Install Need Brush Guard

/ WR Long Install Need Brush Guard #11  
"Rivet Nuts" might allow you to mount the bracket where you want to on your torque tube of your loader.
I am not sure what your grill guard issue is, but I would one.

/ WR Long Install Need Brush Guard #12  
IMG_2018.JPG

IMG_1625.JPG

IMG_0663.JPG

Confused? The factory guard is a good, easy base to build a brush guard. Added HD bumper and tow/tie-down hooks and ring.

You certainly can build from totally new stock. Would cost several times more.

/ WR Long Install Need Brush Guard #13  
I'm guessing that what you call the "bumper" has a forward lean in order for the hood to clear it when you raise your hood?

The coupler mount that came with the diverter "kit" that I bought from another company didn't fit my loader tube very well either. I fabricated another mount using a piece of angle to locate the coupler where it needed to be.

If you can find a way to rework the factory bumper to add expanded metal or mesh for grill protection, even if it means reworking the coupler mount, that may be less work overall than having to rework the factory bumper.

The rounded contours the tractor makers are using for styling these days makes it a pain to fabricate anything that actually fits the tractors these days.

/ WR Long Install Need Brush Guard #14  
El fittings on supply hoses to bulkhead fittings help clearance?

/ WR Long Install Need Brush Guard
Probably not designed to fit the less common brands of tractors
I read somewhere that the market share for under-50HP tractors goes, 1) Kubota, 2) Deere, 3) Kioti with a 20% market share in their power segment

Don't know how true it is but I believe it. And, to me it seems that the majority of grapple sales would be to people operating tractors with under 70HP.

It would be nice if the independent grapple manufacturers would get together with the #1 3rd function valve maker and make some nice custom brackets. Although I realize it would be a major PITA, it would save customers a lot of aggravation.

I almost went with a Kioti grapple for this very reason even though the EA grapple is touted (deservedly so) as the best in the business. But Kioti hasn't gotten the bugs out just yet and their supply chain is iffy right now. So, EA and WRLong it is.

Not dissin' either one, just pointing out it's kind of a PITD to install, remove, re-install, re-remove, re-reinstall, fabricate, reinvent the wheel, etc. Plus, I'm lazy and want someone else to do the work for me :)

/ WR Long Install Need Brush Guard #18  
@Username Taken what bugs in the grapple are you speaking of? I've got one, quite happy with it thus far, paired with a WR Long 3rd function.

/ WR Long Install Need Brush Guard
@Username Taken what bugs in the grapple are you speaking of? I've got one, quite happy with it thus far, paired with a WR Long 3rd function.
I like mine as well. I'm talking about the install. It was a bear. And I had a 20-year professional Farm Machine mechanic helping out. Well, sorta. He got frustrated and drank beer most of the time. Had a couple other guys help out as well.

The install was a female dog. Plus, the OEM bumper had to be removed in order to get the grapple hoses to fit where they had me mount the bracket for them. Had I known what I'd run into before I started, it would have been better. It's not like there aren't any CX2510 Kioti's with 3rd functions out there.

Here's a copy of the instructions:

1657903091740.png

I'll figure out a brush guard for it eventually. probably

Thinking about shimming out the bottom 2 bolts in order to reduce the angle. You don't wanna know. ;)

Last edited:
   / WR Long Install Need Brush Guard #20  
Look closely at the picture - post#2. The top of the grill guard swings forward to allow the hood to open.

The top bolt locks the grill guard in the upright position. The bottom bolt is what the top of the guard swing on. The "swinging grill guard" is OEM on my M6040.