MF 180

/ MF 180 #1  

robert109

Tractor
ford 7000,long350,ford4000,mf180
My mf180 getting hard to steer power steering not working ,topped up reservoir still not working,any helful ideas where my problem is,,Thanks

/ MF 180 #3  
Ifin Iz had one dim MF 180 I goz trata suppy an byz IT manual.

/ MF 180 #4  
My mf180 getting hard to steer power steering not working ,topped up reservoir still not working,any helful ideas where my problem is,,Thanks
It may not be that the power steering isn't working, but rather the bearing on the steering shaft just below the steering wheel, under the dash is dry, and seizing up. Spray some good penetrate down around the steering shaft, let it soak awhile, then apply more, and start working the steering wheel back and forth.

That is a long roller bearing in there, and if memory serves me right, made by Torrington. 14 years ago, that bearing was well over $100 through M-F, and was the only place to get one. I tried cross referencing one, but none to be found. I posed the same question on another tractor forum. Some replaced the bearing with a brass/bronze bushing. One owner suggested the penetrate, and it worked for me. I also used a product called aero-grease. Sprays in like a penetrating oil, then gels up. It worked for the 4-5 years I owned it, until selling it.