Aging..

/ Aging.. #21  
I find that my Massey Ferguson is not near as comfortable a ride when mowing my fields as the 8n it replaced. The 8n's seat had a lot of travel on a big spring, about 6 inches before bottoming out. The Massey has about 1.5, when its adjusted correctly for operator weight.
Everything else about the Massey is better than the 8n for brush hogging, except comfort when moving across lumpy ground, it takes way less time but my back and butt are a pretty sore when I am done!

/ Aging.. #22  
My mother is 88 and still mows a couple acres. I talked to a 90 year old guy a couple days ago and he said old age is not for wimps.
He's exactly right!!

/ Aging.. #23  
Mowing is OK. I usually do it in parts, about a third at a time but it doesn't wipe me out like real work. My body keeps reminding my brain I am NOT 45 anymore, but I don't like feeling like I'm 75 (cuz I'm not). I'm getting around to admitting I can't do it all anymore. The heat is just exhausting.

/ Aging.. #24  
Mowing is OK. I usually do it in parts, about a third at a time but it doesn't wipe me out like real work. My body keeps reminding my brain I am NOT 45 anymore, but I don't like feeling like I'm 75 (cuz I'm not). I'm getting around to admitting I can't do it all anymore. The heat is just exhausting.
Hey in a few months we'll be shivering.

/ Aging.. #26  
Hey in a few months we'll be shivering.
Winter doesn't bother me. The cold seems to actually invigorate me! And here it only gets real cold at night, when I'm inside and asleep.

It's also odd that heat didn't bother me until I was over 50-55. Also about the time I got Lyme which was undiagnosed for quite awhile.

My favorite times are spring and fall.

/ Aging.. #27  
Heat + straining effort = go inside and recover. Cool + moderate effort = go ahead and work a couple hours.

That is my experience. Still like doing stuff. I just have to realistic about how long it will take.

/ Aging.. #28  
I'm going to be 51 this winter, I'm from 69 Degrees North longitude. ANYTHING above 80F makes me worthless.......simply not created for such climate. I don't mind winter the older I get for some reason. I've been ripped from poles 20 feet above ground while trying to stretch a phone comm cable, saved by the belt. I've hit deer on motorcycle doing 55, rear ended so hard I woke up in the rear seat still sitting in the front seat. Used and abused and put away wet..........still cookin is key.

/ Aging.. #29  
I was starting to think something was wrong with me, as I will take cold over heat any day. It really doesn’t get that cold here anymore; although the wind can make it seem that way occasionally.
90 degrees today was too much. I can put another layer on, or throw another log on the fire at night; but can only take so many clothes off…
without getting laughed at. ;)

Why is it that 75 in the house is perfect in winter when the wood fire is doing it’s thing. Yet in summer that’s too darned hot?

/ Aging.. #30  
I was starting to think something was wrong with me, as I will take cold over heat any day. It really doesn’t get that cold here anymore; although the wind can make it seem that way occasionally.
90 degrees today was too much. I can put another layer on, or throw another log on the fire at night; but can only take so many clothes off…
without getting laughed at. ;)

Why is it that 75 in the house is perfect in winter when the wood fire is doing it’s thing. Yet in summer that’s too darned hot?
I think it’s because you know how to warm up if you start getting cold; put more clothes on, hot beverage, sit by a fire. But it’s a lot harder to cool down; can only get so naked, cold beverage turned hot, A/C if you’re lucky.