New Holland

/ New Holland #1  

ClaytonNash

Tractor
New Holland
My New Holland TC40 started doing this after running perfectly fine. When I turn the key the oil pressure light and battery light come on. When I turn the key over to start it I get nothing but a click. If I turn the key to the off position and go to turn it back on no lights show up and nothing happens when I try to start it, acts like it would if it was dead. If I disconnect the battery and connect it back the same thing will occur, oil pressure light and battery light and nothing but a click. Not sure if I’ve got a blown fuse or wiring problem or if it could be the ignition switch itself.
EAF088BE-73FB-4D46-A1C5-4335ACACF1BF.jpeg

/ New Holland #2  
The click is likely the starter solenoid pulling in... it could be bad, the starter could be bad, the battery could be bad, the wiring could be bad a fuse could be blown.

Start with the least cost first. Check all connections especially the ground connection to the block from your battery. Check all fuses.

Report back what you find.

/ New Holland
The click is likely the starter solenoid pulling in... it could be bad, the starter could be bad, the battery could be bad, the wiring could be bad a fuse could be blown.

Start with the least cost first. Check all connections especially the ground connection to the block from your battery. Check all fuses.

Report back what you find.
Ended up being just a bad connection. I started checking fuses and all looked good. I didn’t see any noticeable wiring problem and I had already checked the battery so I decided to clean the terminals (which looked perfectly fine). Ended up just not having a good enough connection from the positive terminal to the battery. Got her up and running now

/ New Holland #4  
Ended up being just a bad connection. I started checking fuses and all looked good. I didn’t see any noticeable wiring problem and I had already checked the battery so I decided to clean the terminals (which looked perfectly fine). Ended up just not having a good enough connection from the positive terminal to the battery. Got her up and running now

Glad you got it going!! Thanks for letting us know what the problem was.

/ New Holland #5  
Glad you got it running! One of the best repairs.... didn't cost anything!