Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,201  
I certainly don't hope they have dark periods but if it happens, I wouldn't care. They get what they voted for.

'Dark periods' mean no chargee the 4 wheel toaster either. Have to resort to shoe leather power. What a concept.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,202  
Naw… saddle up partner with natural spring water…

A country boy will survive

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,203  
You guys really OK for West Coast TBN contributors going dark?

The worse it gets here the more coming your way.

Remember… what starts in California never stays in California… more a bellwether of things to come.

I can’t tell you how many people were telling me unleaded fuel and snag controls would never come to their state…

Just remember never is measured in years… not eons .
As long as them Kalifornians stay away from here we're good. I'm looking at some of those new coal powered cars though.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,204  

Remember… what starts in California never stays in California… more a bellwether of things to come.

I can’t tell you how many people were telling me unleaded fuel and snag controls would never come to their state…

Never does seem to be happening at a faster rate. :)

Here is a scientist of advanced years talking about many things including EVs and a coming decrease in power grids being a concern of the future. Most of his peers that I have studied in the past are now deceased.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,205  
Wyoming can produce its own oil, natural gas and coal for power.

Maybe we ought to stop giving it away for penny's and reap the benefits we worked hard for.

The East and West coasts can go dark as far as I'm concerned.
The real problem in the US today, it's all about me, me, me and the heck with you.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,206  
The real problem in the US today, it's all about me, me, me and the heck with you.
So I assume you mean this in a specific way. It is very natural and mostly OK for "competition." Competition naturally pits one entity (person, company, country.....) against another. In the form of competition, all about me has use.

BUT, in the form of courtesy/decency/awareness of surroundings, the all about me thing is indeed bad and more prevalent than ever. I see it all the time in all forms. People out in public don't think about what they are doing and how it affects others around them at all. They just do, as if they are the only ones that exist. Agree, bad today......

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,209  
I disagree, all power companies trade power back and forth across states and regions so far as I'm concerned, it's a national grid and most of it is marginal.
Here is a map as the local grids exist. Texas doesn't connect to anyone. There is no way to get power from the West Coast to the East Coast, and even getting wind power from the midwest to the east coast is a big loser.

There is no national electrical grid. It does not exist.

us power grid.png

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,210  

Just close down the ports and factories. They can have all the electricity in the world, and nothing to plug into it. A big slice of humble pie would do them good.