JD 2210 mowing issue

/ JD 2210 mowing issue #1  

bobrossi

Tractor
JD2210. 62C mmm. 1100 hours. Been having this issue for a few years. Tractor runs perfect when not mowing. Just finished major service, fluids, filters, gear oil in mmm and all zerks greased with new blades. Still has the same issue mowing. After mowing for about 45-1 hour the RPMs will drop from 2500 to 1000 and tractor sounds like it will stall. As soon as I shut off the mmm RPMs come right back up. I’ll let the mower sit at half throttle for 3-5 mins and I can mow again. For about 5-7 mins, then same issue. So I put tractor away.
Next day I am good to mow again for another hour or so and it starts again.
No overtemp light. And yes it does work.
Any ideas???
Thx.
Bob

/ JD 2210 mowing issue #2  
Other than the fact that it runs for an hour under load, it sounds like a fuel problem. Maybe the lift pump is failing after it gets hot?
I would check the fuel flow after the one hour when symptoms appear.

/ JD 2210 mowing issue #3  
It sounds to me, since it comes right back up after disengaging the MMM, that it is a problem with the MMM, such as a seizing bearing as it heats up. I would try turning the mower by hand prior to mowing, and then see if you can still turn it when the rpms drop. Or, check the temperature of the bearings with a non contact thermometer before and after.