Getting clay mud off tires easily

/ Getting clay mud off tires easily #11  
Your location is not in your profile, but around here we look forward to frozen ground. Still waiting though.

/ Getting clay mud off tires easily #12  
I know a guy that got a ticket for that. Called littering a public roadway. Before trying the drive on a asphalt road check your state law on grass clipping etc.

Most states have a law similar to this.

No person shall place or throw, or permit anyone to place, throw, or shall permit to lie or remain upon the streets of the State, any earth, dirt, mud, sand or similar substance whatsoever, which has been deposited by the driving of any motor vehicle or truck upon the streets of the State.
Out here, it's done all the time. Ag tractors coming out of fields, always leave a trail of mud turds on paved roads. I don't believe this state has any such law.

/ Getting clay mud off tires easily #15  
Sounds like I’m a bad person when I say this out loud, but I take mine out on the road and drive it as fast as it will go. I have a paved driveway and like to keep it nice. What I track out on the road is small potatoes compared to what some of the farmers do.

/ Getting clay mud off tires easily #16  
I’ve got a small pond out back that’s sloped, kind of like a boat ramp. If I’ve got mud in my skidsteer tracks, I’ll drive into the pond and mive it back and forth to “swish” as much mud off that i can.

Otherwise, as mentioned above, I just let it dry and then drive around the yard to let the dried mud drop off. Can do the same if you park inside; just sweep the dried mud out later.

/ Getting clay mud off tires easily #17  
Here in Illinois if the mud on road causes an accident the person that left the mud can be held liable. I know this from an accident I had on my motorcycle a few years ago.

As a semi retired farmer intentionally leaving large mud clods on the road is just plain stupid. I understand **it happens but I do not condone people making a habit of it. Small clumps size of your fist is typically no big deal size of a football or basketball can cause serious accidents.

/ Getting clay mud off tires easily #19  
Farmers are own worst enemies. They just have to get out in the fields no matter what and then get stuck in the spring. I've never been stuck, ever because I have common sense.

/ Getting clay mud off tires easily #20  
The only way I can get it to come off is driving through my shop, in just 70 feet whether it is wet or dry, the tires are spotless..........:)