Diggit TH76 Mulcher

/ Diggit TH76 Mulcher #1  

nch77

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ford 5610(2)
I'm seeing some of these Diggit TH76 mulchers for sale, pretty cheap. I assume they are chinese import but I can't find anyone who has used one. They look to be better than the Topcat mulchers with teeth that actually overlap. It would be for farm use and not for business so I can't justify the cost of a Loftness or Fecon. Does anyone know anything about these at all?

/ Diggit TH76 Mulcher #2  
Diggit Mini Excavators have recently been hitting the Auctions and Yes they are Chinese Imports. New 0 hrs but at the price of a 10 year old 5000hr Name Brand (or even lower)

So, you have to ask yourself "How often would I use this? Can I adapt some Parts that cannot be sourced easily? Can I use it in a way that I know isn't quite as roughly as maybe a Name Brand could be used? Am I using under the Max Rated HP or Over Powering it?" and so on.

I have a Chinese Mini with 65 hrs trouble free that I have used put on. Trouble free enough to purchase a Chinese Skid Steer to go along with it.

My take of "You get what you "Pay For" is "I don't need a Commercial Machine for Home and Cabin work"

/ Diggit TH76 Mulcher
I have a Bobcat T870 so its a pretty powerful machine, so it could probably tear it up. I'm seeing these mulchers go for around 4500 on some auctions, where a used Loftness is 15k or more. But if teeth can't be obtained and its poorly balanced its a trade off.

/ Diggit TH76 Mulcher #4  
I suggest you use other brand from China

/ Diggit TH76 Mulcher #5  
I rent machine and head and stick with known brands.

These heads take a beating and so do the machines operating them. I would not trust my life to a mystery brand chinese mulch head that might self destruct with me in a front row seat.

/ Diggit TH76 Mulcher #6  
I'm seeing some of these Diggit TH76 mulchers for sale, pretty cheap. I assume they are chinese import but I can't find anyone who has used one. They look to be better than the Topcat mulchers with teeth that actually overlap. It would be for farm use and not for business so I can't justify the cost of a Loftness or Fecon. Does anyone know anything about these at all?
I would be really interested on what you found out about the quality of these mulchers, I have most often found that Chinese stuff is pretty much throw away junk but every now and then there will be something that you can get by with. I would like to have a mulcher to add to my forestry mower but it's so dog eat dog with mulching in this area that there is no way I am spending 30k on a mulcher.

/ Diggit TH76 Mulcher #7  
I bought one for my t870, so far I've cut 10ft of brush before I blew the seal. Probably half operator as I've never ran one before. However it came with 3/8 line good to 2200 PSI which is really no good so went to tractor supply got some half inch hose went to my local hydraulic shop got some fittings hooked it up blew the seal out of the side of the hydraulic motor. Currently having a hydraulic shop find me a better pump to run Will keep you posted.

Attachments

• IMG_20240124_193750_335.jpg
    IMG_20240124_193750_335.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 239
  • 20240120_203201.jpg
    20240120_203201.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 232
  • 20240120_203126.jpg
    20240120_203126.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 235
Last edited:
   / Diggit TH76 Mulcher #8  
I have a Bobcat T870 so its a pretty powerful machine, so it could probably tear it up. I'm seeing these mulchers go for around 4500 on some auctions, where a used Loftness is 15k or more. But if teeth can't be obtained and its poorly balanced its a trade off.
The guy I bought mine from said the Vermeer teeth fit it.

/ Diggit TH76 Mulcher #9  
I bought one for my t870, so far I've cut 10ft of brush before I blew the seal. Probably half operator as I've never ran one before. However it came with 3/8 line good to 2200 PSI which is really no good so went to tractor supply got some half inch hose went to my local hydraulic shop got some fittings hooked it up blew the seal out of the side of the hydraulic motor. Currently having a hydraulic shop find me a better pump to run Will keep you posted.
Sorry to hear about all the trouble, but you have told me everything I need to know, I hope it works out for you, but my experience with Chinese products has not been good. Charlie.

/ Diggit TH76 Mulcher
I needed to clear out some heavy brush that had stumps in it, turns out its easier to use my D7E to push it all away.