Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,791  
The quote is from my Ford dealer that I bought the truck from 10 years ago and he says they have to tear a lot of the engine apart to get to the plugs so I don’t know.
I need to see about getting a second quote from somebody.
My son-in-law has a two-year newer F150, and he says that’s way high, and he’s a little bit more knowledgeable on these kind of things than I am

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,792  
What year F150?
I'd try youtube University!

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,793  

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,794  
What year F150?
I'd try youtube University!
It looks like if you extrapolate it out, you should be able to do those plugs in an hour or so but with my bad back it would probably end up being a week.

Surely no three or four hours worth of labor for a tech though

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,795  
It looks like if you extrapolate it out, you should be able to do those plugs in an hour or so but with my bad back it would probably end up being a week.

Surely no three or four hours worth of labor for a tech though
I think dealer rates are $150 an hour. Doesn't take long to get the bill up at that rate.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,796  
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,797  
Long ago I got a stern lecture from the local U-Haul manager that local rentals are NOT to be taken out of the area. And there's a major surcharge if it is seen far away. I don't know if this is still their policy.
Around 2000 we rented a uhaul trailer in GA, towed it up to NYC, stopped to have a uhaul shop in Brooklyn tighten up a loose wheel bearing, loaded up a 18X30 aboveground pool and towed it back down to GA.
The guys at the shop had no issues with it.
$700 is 4 hours plus parts
About right if they planned for a couple hours of replacing plugs that snapped off...

Aaron Z

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,799  
If I'm reading the spark plug thing right, I don't get it. How can a major manufacturer that has built cars for 120 years and sold what, a hundred million, still build things that snap spark plugs on removal?

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,800  
There is a recommended time and or miles to remove them and reinstall them. The new spark plugs last so long. Yes, this has become a thing.