Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,942  
I fixed my steering and was able to do a little work today, good to have a working tractor this time of year!
Brimar3.jpg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,943  
We did use mini-split heat a lot in November/December whenever the ambient temps were up above 40f (quite a bit) which delayed our firewood consumption in the early season.
Normally, I have an electric bill between 70-80 bucks. For the first time since I got it, I used the mini split 24/7 to heat a room for 3 days and my bill was $128. It was set for 70* and temps were in the mid to high 30's
I thought these things were supposed to be efficient and save money?
It was cheaper to run the boiler for that length of time.
Was wondering if they're all like that.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,945  
Normally, I have an electric bill between 70-80 bucks. For the first time since I got it, I used the mini split 24/7 to heat a room for 3 days and my bill was $128. It was set for 70* and temps were in the mid to high 30's
I thought these things were supposed to be efficient and save money?
It was cheaper to run the boiler for that length of time.
Was wondering if they're all like that.

$130 to heat with a mini split for 3 days couldn’t be accurate. The circuit ran to the mini split couldn’t even supply enough current at 100 percent load for the entire 3 days to cost $130. The efficiency of a mini split or any heat pump reduces in cold weather since it has to use electric resistance heating but it’s still not that costly.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,946  
Any heat pump (mini splits are heat pumps) falls off efficiency below outside air temps in the high 30s, depending on brand. I am in a marine climate, so we have a lot of days in the 40s and 50s outside. That is the sweet spot for a heat pump in my opinion. If you run them as a heat pump below the high 30s or even low to mid 40s (again depending on brand) they have to go through a defrost cycle for the outdoor unit at which time they are in air conditioning mode and have to reheat the air with resistance heat just to get back to not cooling the house. Some (mine does) have the ability to go to full re$i$tance heat. I shut mine off below 48 or so outside and burn firewood only.