Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,003  
Played tennis my whole life including D1 college and never had tennis elbow until now, when I am older......from firewood....LOL!
Well maybe its firewood elbow!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,004  
Got the tracked Cat tractor to load me a trailer load , back to tractors and wood !
1706995128919.jpeg

1706995087205.jpeg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,005  
No snow here in upstate wNY, but at least it’s staying cold enough to keep burning firewood in the house. I’ll maybe hit my average of 6 face cords this winter. I’ve gone thru 3-1/2 so far.

I’ve been hauling up about 1/2 face cord a week lately, from the woodshed to the house porch. My tractor bucket and that porch each hold half a cord.

It’s always dark, when I’m hauling the wood, because I work full time and it’s dark when I get home. I had been leaving my tractor run, so I could use the headlights and keep the battery charge topped off, when I’ve been loading the bucket.

This has been the first usage, where I might have benefited from a cleaner burning tier-4 model. I’m getting sick of breathing those dirty exhaust fumes, so I moved a lamp out into the woodshed today. I’ll use that and shut the tractor off while loading from here on out, and play the odds on the battery charge. If worse comes to worse and it don’t start on a cold day, I’ll jump it or put a tender on it.

I see there’s a little bit more cherry coming up when I get to the next row. I can’t wait to get to that. Im getting sick of cleaning the ashes from all the ash I’ve been burning the last couple weeks.

IMG_3989.jpeg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,006  
For all you "face cord" folks, I translate that as 1/3 cord...am I far off?

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,007  
A face cord is 4 ft x 8 ft x 17” (+/- 1”), so you are just about right on the money.
For all you "face cord" folks, I translate that as 1/3 cord...am I far off?

Last edited:
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,008  
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,009  
No snow here in upstate wNY, but at least it’s staying cold enough to keep burning firewood in the house. I’ll maybe hit my average of 6 face cords this winter. I’ve gone thru 3-1/2 so far.

I’ve been hauling up about 1/2 face cord a week lately, from the woodshed to the house porch. My tractor bucket and that porch each hold half a cord.

It’s always dark, when I’m hauling the wood, because I work full time and it’s dark when I get home. I had been leaving my tractor run, so I could use the headlights and keep the battery charge topped off, when I’ve been loading the bucket.

This has been the first usage, where I might have benefited from a cleaner burning tier-4 model. I’m getting sick of breathing those dirty exhaust fumes, so I moved a lamp out into the woodshed today. I’ll use that and shut the tractor off while loading from here on out, and play the odds on the battery charge. If worse comes to worse and it don’t start on a cold day, I’ll jump it or put a tender on it.

I see there’s a little bit more cherry coming up when I get to the next row. I can’t wait to get to that. Im getting sick of cleaning the ashes from all the ash I’ve been burning the last couple weeks.

View attachment 850210
i keep a tender on tge battery all the time.