TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,521  
I have a Grendel, and I've come to realize I like the idea of it more than I actually like it. Nothing at all wrong with it, but given the choice, I'm grabbing either the 223 or 308 95% of the time. It's a good round, and very well balanced, just for me, I dont think I Need it.

Last edited:
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,522  
I did order a Savage 93 Minimalist in 22WRM last night. Hopefully be ready to pick up by the end of the week. Pretty sure I went with the forest green laminate; but not 100% sure, I had both that, and the nutmeg or whatever laminate in the cart, and don't remember which one I removed...

Figure I'll grap a sampling of 22WMR ammo when I pick it up, to see what shoots best.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,523  
I trained for four days with a guy who does “contact work”. No upgraded optic sights on his pistols or that of his wife. She does the same kind of work.

KISS. Put your toys on toys you play with at the range.

Being “cool” is not the objective….killing the other person is.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,524  
Pistol red dots; I haven't shot one, but neighbor is getting one on the Glock he hates, so I might try it out. I'm at admitted terrible pistol shot, and don't really enjoy them much. I get the purpose, but I don't find hitting a pizza box at 15 yards, but missing it at 25 yards to be enjoyable... He's tried to talk me into buying it several times; he didn't want it, but his brother's gun shamed him into it. Pretty sure he said he's getting a Holosun,

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,526  
More mags for the M1 carbine. Still need sling and belt pouch to make it original.

Now to find some bullits.

Oh, and some mouse traps ;)

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,527  
I have a Grendel, and I've come to realize I like the idea of it more than I actually like it. Nothing at all wrong with it, but given the choice, I'm grabbing either the 223 or 308 95% of the time. It's a good round, and very well balanced, just for me, I dont think I Need it.
I went down that road as well. There was nothing the other calibers did, that the .223‘s or .308‘s could not handle. I only kept the .30/30’s in case the idiots ban AR’s. Invested the proceeds from selling those other guns into components.

My thinking was to have multiple guns in the same caliber in case the SHTF. Redundancy makes sense for me.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,528  
So, I'm sure it's apparent, but I shoot for fun, not for training. I also am under no illusions about doing mall ninja stuff.
I understand what you’re saying but if you plan to defend yourself with one that you carry it’s very likely that other people will be around. A pizza box is nearly as large as a human torso and under stress we all shoot way worse than on the range. I’d really encourage getting a little better with one if you’re carrying it, the last thing you want on your conscious is a dead little girl you didn’t even see beyond they guy that was trying to take your life.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,529  
I can not carry at work, which is 90% of the time I am out of the house. When I do carry, which is rarely, it's normally cause I'm putting myself in a sketchy situation, meeting someone from Facebook marketplace, camping, hog hunting, looking at a property where could could have a hidden homeless camp, ect. Your not wrong about, I should practice more.
I actually was thinking about picking up a Taurus 605 (I think) 3" 357, 5 shot. Haven't shot that specific gun, but I do tend to shoot a revolver slightly better, than a compact semi.