Dog door replacement flap

/ Dog door replacement flap #1  

scootr

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5200 HST, 773 Bobcat, Cat forklift
Does anybody know where to buy replacement material for a dog door flap?
My Dogs seem to tear the flap every couple of yrs. and new units are silly $.

/ Dog door replacement flap #2  
I bought this brand on Amazon. They sell replacement flaps for that brand. Maybe you could modify it to work on yours?

crid=2EP1ZZRZC1J8L&keywords=baboni+replacement+flap&qid=1708318085&sprefix=baboni%2Caps%2C1368&sr=8-3

And another brand:

/ Dog door replacement flap #3  
I don't know your area, but if you have a beet or a potato farmaround you, ask for a scrap of their conveyor belt. 1/4" thick and very sturdy, although black, frayed, and maybe unsightly...

/ Dog door replacement flap #4  
I built a doggie door from scratch a long time ago. I used a piece of plexiglass. Let the dog see outside easy, and made it easy to train him (it was his first doggie door)

/ Dog door replacement flap #5  
Was a time I thought about a doggie door. However - I have no idea how to keep the resident wildlife outside.

Using plexiglass would give your dog a "heads up" before he went outside.

/ Dog door replacement flap #6  
How big is the door? I have seen them made out of vinyl and silicone sheets.

You can get 1/8" sheet vinyl door strips from lots of places. If there is a local installer, they might even have some cutoffs.
Plastic Vinyl Replacement Strip Curtain-Door - Clear Waterproof Commercial PVC f | eBay
or a 52"x 82" set for a little more...
4.4Ft x 6.8Ft Plastic Strip Curtain Door Anti-static Freezer Walk In | eBay

You can also make one out of silicone sheeting, which is softer, but you may need to do something for wind sealing, like a magnet, as it is so flexible;

All the best,

Peter

/ Dog door replacement flap #7  
   / Dog door replacement flap
Lots of good ideas. I need 10.5 x 16 inches about 1/4" think min

/ Dog door replacement flap #9  
Lots of good ideas. I need 10.5 x 16 inches about 1/4" think min
If it were me, I might start with two pieces of the 8" vinyl, and see how it went. I might put a ring of foam weather strip on the outside of the door for sealing. I've seen wider strips, but stiffness might get to be an issue. If your dog doesn't like it, I would try the silicone, or silicone backed by a strip of vinyl against drafts.

1/4" sounds thick, just from a stiffness perspective, but perhaps the original material is very soft, and the thickness is needed for some durability.

Good luck!

Peter

/ Dog door replacement flap #10  
If it were me, I might start with two pieces of the 8" vinyl, and see how it went. I might put a ring of foam weather strip on the outside of the door for sealing. I've seen wider strips, but stiffness might get to be an issue. If your dog doesn't like it, I would try the silicone, or silicone backed by a strip of vinyl against drafts.

1/4" sounds thick, just from a stiffness perspective, but perhaps the original material is very soft, and the thickness is needed for some durability.

Good luck!

Peter
Why not just buy a replacement dog door flap? I posted two links from Amazon.