You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #861  
I use the flashlight on the cell several times a week if not more.

The camera is great for getting a model number that otherwise would require moving equipment.

Can't say I use the time feature but I do use the timer and alarm...

/ You Know You Are Old When #862  
I stopped wearing wristwatches when I started carrying a cell phone.
Two words... Pocket watch, I started carrying them because wrist watches always seemed to get caught up in machinery and break away bands seemed to break anytime, not necessarily when needed.

/ You Know You Are Old When #863  
Two words... Pocket watch, I started carrying them because wrist watches always seemed to get caught up in machinery and break away bands seemed to break anytime, not necessarily when needed.
I do carry a pocket watch on special occasions. Weddings, funerals, baptisms, etc. It was my mother's mother's father's and has his initials in it.

To me, it kind of marks the passage of time in my family. Just thinking about all the events it attended gives me a sense of family and friends.

/ You Know You Are Old When
Back to knowing when you are old —- I read Willie Mays is 92.

I remember him playing in mid-60s. Best player I ever saw in all aspects of the game.

He is the oldest living member of the baseball HOF.

My wife is not into sports. But - in St Louis - baseball is much discussed anywhere you go. She asked for advice when involved in a baseball discussion. I told her if anyone asks about best players - hitting, running, throwing, fielding, power - just say Willie Mays. Few will argue.

/ You Know You Are Old When #865  
When people start arguing about the best football player ever, I throw out George Blanda. ;) (now I'm getting old).

Fun note:

The 1970s TV series Happy Days was set in 1950s Milwaukee, Wisconsin. In the Season 3 episode "Football Frolics", first aired January 20, 1976, Richie Cunningham (played by Ron Howard) and Ralph Malph (Donny Most) are watching the December 9, 1956, Chicago Bears – Chicago Cardinals televised game. After Ed Brown's pass to Harlon Hill is intercepted by the Cardinals, Richie wants "the other quarterback" put in. Ralph says that the other quarterback is "washed up. He's old. He's 30. He's got no future." Richie argues back, "George Blanda has two or three good years left." The joke was that Blanda, 19 years after the date depicted in the show, was still playing.[25]

/ You Know You Are Old When
When people start arguing about the best football player ever, I throw out George Blanda. ;) (now I'm getting old).

Fun note:

The 1970s TV series Happy Days was set in 1950s Milwaukee, Wisconsin. In the Season 3 episode "Football Frolics", first aired January 20, 1976, Richie Cunningham (played by Ron Howard) and Ralph Malph (Donny Most) are watching the December 9, 1956, Chicago Bears – Chicago Cardinals televised game. After Ed Brown's pass to Harlon Hill is intercepted by the Cardinals, Richie wants "the other quarterback" put in. Ralph says that the other quarterback is "washed up. He's old. He's 30. He's got no future." Richie argues back, "George Blanda has two or three good years left." The joke was that Blanda, 19 years after the date depicted in the show, was still playing.[25]

Just saw a movie about Crazy Legs Hirsch.

It’s a movie —- but if the guy was 1/2 as impressive (athlete and human) he was something!

From Wisconsin.

/ You Know You Are Old When #869  
I do carry a pocket watch on special occasions. Weddings, funerals, baptisms, etc. It was my mother's mother's father's and has his initials in it.

To me, it kind of marks the passage of time in my family. Just thinking about all the events it attended gives me a sense of family and friends.
I wear my grandfather's wrist watch for occasions... same here.

/ You Know You Are Old When #870  
Ma said she'd quit when they hit a buck a pack. They were over $6 when she died and still smoking, lung cancer and all.
Here in Canuckistan I've seen people ahead of me in line paying over $20 a large pack. And it's usually the people who look like they can least afford it.:rolleyes:
I quit in 1986 because they went to $20.00 a carton and I wasn't going to pay it.