Cool Nature Photos

/ Cool Nature Photos #2,811  
Today...hung around couple hours 150' from our house.

Attachments

• 2-19-24.JPG
    2-19-24.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 42
  • 2-19-24A.JPG
    2-19-24A.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 34
   / Cool Nature Photos #2,812  
Saw one flying over my employer's parking lot yesterday afternoon.

There was a story on the news this morning that the sand hill crane northerly migration is almost over already, two-three weeks before normal.

/ Cool Nature Photos #2,813  
Saw one flying over my employer's parking lot yesterday afternoon.

There was a story on the news this morning that the sand hill crane northerly migration is almost over already, two-three weeks before normal.

Our sand cranes are still here.

IMG_2876.JPG

Don’t look like they are leaving!

/ Cool Nature Photos #2,816  
There are 3.

We cannot feed several thousand!!!!
That reminds me of a time we were taking my wife's grandma home one evening. There were several thousand crows sitting in a factory parking lot. She says "YOY! Who's gonna feed all those d*** birds?" 🙃

/ Cool Nature Photos #2,818  
I couldn’t resist.

Hahahaha!!!

We have a murder of crows that winter here in South Bend. I'd guess there are over 50,000 of them. They usually roost somewhere along the river near downtown every evening. They take up every tree and rooftop for about 4 square blocks. It takes them a couple hours to gather. They literally come from the 4 corners towards town. The local news shows them on occasion during the weather. They all head out in the morning. They disperse in the spring and arrive again around Thanksgiving.

Just last week one of my wife's friends texted her from downtown saying it looked like a scene from The Birds! She sent that same clip. :ROFLMAO:

/ Cool Nature Photos #2,819  
I couldn’t resist.

We drive by that church in Bodega when we go from the ranch to Bodega Bay - another 5 miles.

Bodega now is just a wide spot in the road with a bar and some gift shops. 100 years ago it was a town.

Google Street View:

Last edited:
   / Cool Nature Photos #2,820  
It's about time I added a few photos to the batch. This nest is about 3 miles from me. The pair have a nest in this group of trees for at least 4 years. Original nest and tree blew down last winter and this was built in an adjoining tree. A neighbor witnessed them building this nest and the branches were obtained by the birds diving on existing branches and breaking them off. Photo is from early March of last year. Leaf cover did not allow later photos.
2518-2.jpg