Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,951  
I don’t think so, I think a new F150 tailgate is about what I paid for my salvage yard one. The problem is it’s a bare tailgate, you have to paint it and then switch all the parts over.
So…$2000 - $2500. :D

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,952  
I love driving our Jeep Mojave fast on dirt roads, handles them perfect.
I completely detest the idiots that drive fast on our dirt roads. Blind curves and knolls endangering others on the road. I enjoy watching them have to stand on the brakes and almost lose it stopping before they run into the rear of me, especially when I have a 14 foot disk or chisel plow trailing along behind me. Or the ones that come drifting around a corner taking up the whole road and see that 8 foot wide bucket staring them in the face.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,953  
I completely detest the idiots that drive fast on our dirt roads. Blind curves and knolls endangering others on the road.
It is not just dirt or gravel roads the same applies to narrow paved county roads. Ours is barely wide enough for two vehicles to pass with plenty of blind spots yet they go at it like they are driving at Le Mons.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,954  
It is not just dirt or gravel roads the same applies to narrow paved county roads. Ours is barely wide enough for two vehicles to pass with plenty of blind spots yet they go at it like they are driving at Le Mons.
The same here most of the town roads that are paved have no painted center lines or white lines on the edges just 16-18 foot of paved width. Lots of blind corners and knolls that you can't see over or past. The main farms driveway is on top of a knoll that you can not see over for traffic till you are almost on top of it. And I have had idiots pass or try and pass as I slowing down to turn into the driveway, they had absolutely no way of knowing what was heading towards them.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,956  
Was talking to the police chief and said i was passed in the center of town on a double yellow, he said heck I have been passed while in the cruiser !

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,957  
Was talking to the police chief and said i was passed in the center of town on a double yellow, he said heck I have been passed while in the cruiser !
I've been passed on a double line in town... by a snowsled!!!

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,958  
They also didn't have huge headrests and thick door posts to accommodate airbags. These have reduced visibility. At one time you had almost 360' visibility in a pickup. Now it's much more limited, especially when trying to see what's coming up behind you on the right.
Not to mention windows in them large enough to see out of, not the little portholes they have today.

I've got a 60s vintage car with just the one drivers side mirror, maybe 4" diameter. Between the small size and its placement (vertical column for the vent window centered in it), can't see squat with it. We've definitely gotten spoiled with large, dual mirrors in the last 35-40 years.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,959  
The same here most of the town roads that are paved have no painted center lines or white lines on the edges just 16-18 foot of paved width. Lots of blind corners and knolls that you can't see over or past.
Add to that corners that aren't banked and frost heaves. At my last house I lived on a corner like that...banked the wrong way with a big frost heave about halfway thru. Add to that, the curve went on a bit further than it looked like coming into it. My mailbox was always getting taken out, and there was a big pine tree next to the road with many a chunk taken out of it by bumpers. Eventually, the town fixed the frost heave, and things got a lot better.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,960  
Our 2005 Volvo had little pop-up windshield washer nozzles in front of each head lamp, that squirted washer fluid onto them to melt ice and snow. No need for a wiper, they just blew dry. Not sure if that would work on a camera, might cause too much aberration of the image while wet, but would be interesting to try.
It is or was a requirement in some parts of Europe. I don't think it is true anymore, but was at one time. You would see all the euro cars in the US with headlight washers for that reason. No reason to make another version just for that...