Something better than hip waders?

/ Something better than hip waders? #1  

tomplum

Elite Member
Tractor
XJ2025H
Doing some cleaning up projects where I'll be working near and across a smallish creek, in snags and brambles and such. A material that is more snag resistant maybe? TIA

/ Something better than hip waders? #2  
Keep in mind that hip waders are very dangerous if they are overtopped.

I'd probably just pick a warm day and plan on getting wet.

/ Something better than hip waders? #3  
I have these one, I like the material it doesn't get snag on stuff very easily

1712575933975.png

/ Something better than hip waders? #4  
I've used hip waders. They fill up - they are a PITA. I would never consider them dangerous.

I've always got wet/muddy when working in/around water. So...... old pair of tennis shoes - old pair of jeans - raggy T-shirt.......OK mate, lets have at it.

/ Something better than hip waders? #5  
I've used hip waders. They fill up - they are a PITA. I would never consider them dangerous.

I've always got wet/muddy when working in/around water. So...... old pair of tennis shoes - old pair of jeans - raggy T-shirt.......OK mate, lets have at it.
My brother in law fell in a creek at high water (also strong current) with them, it scared the hell out of us, the legs was floating and he was struggling to keep his top end out of the water... then they filled up which can also be dangerous but we got him out by then. and I agree for the summer ... I used them during the fall and winter for trapping.

Last edited:
   / Something better than hip waders? #6  
If the creek is deeper than plain rubber boots can handle, seems like a tough job.

When you cut material, where do you put your saw while you get up the stuff you just cut so it doesn't float downstream?