Bucket quick connect handle replacement

/ Bucket quick connect handle replacement #1  

mikeh19d

Tractor
LS 3025H
I'm looking for recommendations for the handle replacement of the bucket quick attach. I replaced one of the original handles with an OEM part but it had a pretty sorry weld job on it and it snapped off. So after taking a look at the other handle I found the weld on it to be cracked so now I've no choice but to replacing both handles. I really could use some help. Thanks.

/ Bucket quick connect handle replacement
Don't you have someone you know with a welder? It would only take a couple of minutes each with a weld or two.
I could get them welded and may end up doing this but I really don't like the overall design of the OEM part. I was hoping for an alternative like a single casted handle but I'm not sure the ones I've seen will work.

/ Bucket quick connect handle replacement #4  
For a replacement OEM part or similar, unfortnatly no. I don't know of any. But I was considering doing something similar to this on my tractor:

Are you hitting the handles or using pipes to move them?

/ Bucket quick connect handle replacement #5  
Here is the video I watched a while ago. I one above is a complete, made to order, SSQA attachment that will replace your existing SSQA. The DIY My Way shows how to make one using your existing setup. MUCH less expensive. Just a thought.

/ Bucket quick connect handle replacement
For a replacement OEM part or similar, unfortnatly no. I don't know of any. But I was considering doing something similar to this on my tractor:

Are you hitting the handles or using pipes to move them?
Normally I was opening and closing them by hand. Every once in a while I would have to stomp on them to go into place but that only happened maybe twice in 8 years I've had the tractor.

/ Bucket quick connect handle replacement #7  
Usually when mine wont slip right in a ply bar will move the attachment side to side a 1/4 inch to line up the holes.
Keep your QA couplers well greased for the best results. Mine have grease fittings and I spray lube on the pins. Both machines.

/ Bucket quick connect handle replacement #8  
Dunno if it would fit or not, but the levers on my MT240 are a single piece with bends, no welds.
I took them off, adjusted and lubed them a few months ago, and it's very smooth, definitely no foot stomping lol

1713297807884.png

/ Bucket quick connect handle replacement #9  
Mine have gotten stuck a few times. And when they were stuck, they were STUCK! It took a hammer to move them. Fortunately, they did not break, but they are dented from the repeated whacks. One got stuck under something and bent it slightly. Eventually, I'll need to replace them. But keeping them clean, lubed, and properly adjusted and they continue to function properly. If I do need to replace them, I'll probably make them myself using the broken one as a template, or make them like the video I posted with a linear actuator. My handles do not seem to be the highest of quality, but have held up to my abuse.

/ Bucket quick connect handle replacement #10  
A little lube helps a lot !
I use motor oil and a pump type oil can.