Real estate General topic

/ Real estate General topic
Just saying, there's a lot of immigrants in this country.
Yes, and I wasn't saying anything negative about them; jus that they are a more significant percentage of the US population than many people consider.

Just taking illegals; the estimates are between 15-30m, with the total US pop at 340M.

We received a counter offer today, come up $20k, $7500 in pre-closing deposit or earnest money/binder, close in 45 days, and that was about it.

Real estate lady said the binder is too high, but other than that, it's way better than she expected.

Call wife, tell her, and real estate agent calls while talking to wife "oh, there is one more stipulation, with that price, they retain the back 3.3 acres".

Call wife, and dicsuss; I want the 3.3 acres too. Don't want the neighbor, want that back corner for box blind/food plot, ect. She agrees.

Call real estate agent back; we will go up the $20k, we will do the full binder, and early close, but I get the entire 13.3 acres. Real estate agent agrees that sounds like a fair compromise.

She calls back, 13.3 acres, binder, early close, and $40k over offer. Wife and I both agree, that's gonna be a no.

All that in 20 minutes.

I told my wife, I'm don't want to stretch beyond comfort, and she agrees, doesnt think it worth what they asked. I told her, I'm not heart broken, she agrees; and I told told her, that's probably a sign.

/ Real estate General topic #55  
The last time I lost out on what I thought was a deal was followed by a better deal.
Lost out on 20 acres, small barn/shed, house at ~$300K followed by getting ~70 acres, 5,000 sq ft of barn, larger house, for ~$220K.

/ Real estate General topic #56  
Sometimes yes and sometimes no…

I’ve lost to flippers that come in all cash and later I found a better deal came my way.

I’ve also set up deals for the next person to waltz in adding a few thousand and do the deal.

All my hard work softened up the sellers so when someone came along with 2k more they could rationalize saying rejecting my offer was the right thing to do where that 2k more wouldn’t have stood a chance before I did the heavy lifting.

It’s been 12 years for the one that got away and I was all in to make it happen but sellers accepted a 50k less offer 2 hours before mine came in… for 6 weeks I was back up and every time the buyer wanted a concession it was my offer that stopped it cold.

So, wife and I went riding around the area looking this evening. She wanted to relook at an oddball parcel (I more or less veto'd). Turned at several "for sale" and realtor signs and noted something.

If you were serious, why would you literal have 2 hand written sharpie signs, with For Sale, and a phone number, and no additional info? As in, drove down a dirt trail, and past 1st hand written sign, 0.72 acres; on a lake; not intrested; rather than turn around, I check Basemap and see it circles around. Find a 2nd hand written sign; 9.4 acres with canal access, and phone number. Dont get me wrong, took a picture, and played with hunting app, guessing what was for sale; But... If you were selling something; wouldn't you include something more?

I actually might text this one tomorrow and see what he's actually selling.

Maybe my rambling point; there's stuff out there, the real estate people don't know about, not on the sales apps, and kinda hard to find.

This is what I 'guessed' the 9.4 acres is; as its currently like a 40 acres random shapped chunk of woods.

BTW: I try to blur the details for a couple reasons; 1) it's a small world, and I woudlnr want someone stealing 'my' property 2) I general prefer not to throw other people's info just out there to the world
Screenshot_20240424_203655_Gallery.jpg

/ Real estate General topic #58  
I general prefer not to throw other people's info just out there to the world
Call me paranoid but I prefer not to throw my info just out into the world, and try to treat others the same way. Want my friend's number? Give me yours and I will ask him to call you.

I also can't blame you for posting information on something you are thinking about buying. 👍

/ Real estate General topic #59  
I told my wife, I'm don't want to stretch beyond comfort, and she agrees, doesnt think it worth what they asked. I told her, I'm not heart broken, she agrees; and I told told her, that's probably a sign.
Good for you, you made the right decision. Stay within your budget and you will be much happier.
Eric

/ Real estate General topic #60  
It was proven that the foreclosure sales on the court house steps had a pecking system of buyers… very much a closed club.
I have done that. It's an exhilarating wild west ride.

Saavy investors show up with multiple certified checks each at $100k, then some for $50k, $25k, and all the way down to one dollar.

The courthouse step auctions only accept certified checks on the spot. So if some poor sap bids $200k, and only has $100k denomination certified checks, I can bid $200k plus one dollar. The competitor's only option, since he only has $100k checks, is to up his bid to $300k. Then, since I have a certified check for one dollar, I can bid $301k lol.

It's a real wild west show ............