Massey Ferguson 50E Power Shuttle, how can I tell the year?

/ Massey Ferguson 50E Power Shuttle, how can I tell the year? #1  

notslow

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 50E
Hi everyone,
I bought an old MF 50E Power Shuttle and I am trying to figure out what year it is. I'm also not sure what manual I need to get. It has a Perkins four cylinder. I think it is late 80s early 90s. MS number is 5103 and serial is X0049 if that helps.

It needs some maintenance, probably most of the fluids changed and I'm not sure what else until I get the manual. Any advice would be helpful.

/ Massey Ferguson 50E Power Shuttle, how can I tell the year?
Is this for sure correct? When I search these tractors online, I see 1980s models for sale and I read somewhere that earlier versions of the 50e had a 3 cylinder Perkins. There are a few different service manuals available and one says "early production" on it. Is there a way to tell from my serial number?

Anyone know how to tell my year or when they made these for sure? I really need to get a manual.

I guess I got an odd one if nobody knows.

/ Massey Ferguson 50E Power Shuttle, how can I tell the year? #6  
Did you ever figure out what year your MF 50E was? I have a MF 50E with MS: 5103 and serial no Y0212.
I inserted a photo of the one I have.

Attachments

• Massey Ferguson 50E (2).jpg
    Massey Ferguson 50E (2).jpg
    812.7 KB · Views: 18
   / Massey Ferguson 50E Power Shuttle, how can I tell the year? #7  
What do you want to know? It has a 4 cylinder Perkins. It later became a Fermec, then Terex. Not much info on industrial MF serial numbers out there.