TC35 no start issues

/ TC35 no start issues #1  

Chuck750ss

Tractor
Tc35
2005 TC35 NewHolland bought new, now has 1000 hours. For last 3 or so years, tractor hard to start if not run on a weekly basis. When it did start it would spit and sputter blowing white smoke. After it ran a very short while it would smooth out. Knew I was gettIng air but couldn’t tell where. Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago. Tractor refused to start. Had friend come help me and we started tracking down fuel lines, connections, etc.. when my friend cracked one of the fuel connections on the fuel lift pump, air squirted out. Turned engine over a few times, engine definitely trying to start. Tightened connection engine fired right up. So I have replaced the fuel lift pump. Engine will not start. Not even trying. Have traced fuel flow, know I am getting fuel to the injection pump.(have no idea if enough flow or pressure assuming if getting fuel to injector pump everything ok). Loosen one injector line , nothing comes out.
Verified that I have “juice” to the fuel shutoff solenoid. Can hear click when I turn on ignition key. Don’t know if that is shutoff actuating or glow plugs coming on.
Filter is new. Getting fuel to injector pump. No fuel coming out of injector line exiting injector pump.
Looking for ideas.

/ TC35 no start issues #2  
By all means make sure you're getting power to the glow plugs, then check the plugs themselves. White smoke on start indicates moisture. It may be just condensation or it may be something more serious.

/ TC35 no start issues
Not getting any fuel from injector pump.

/ TC35 no start issues #4  
2005 TC35 NewHolland bought new, now has 1000 hours. For last 3 or so years, tractor hard to start if not run on a weekly basis. When it did start it would spit and sputter blowing white smoke. After it ran a very short while it would smooth out. Knew I was gettIng air but couldn’t tell where. Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago. Tractor refused to start. Had friend come help me and we started tracking down fuel lines, connections, etc.. when my friend cracked one of the fuel connections on the fuel lift pump, air squirted out. Turned engine over a few times, engine definitely trying to start. Tightened connection engine fired right up. So I have replaced the fuel lift pump. Engine will not start. Not even trying. Have traced fuel flow, know I am getting fuel to the injection pump.(have no idea if enough flow or pressure assuming if getting fuel to injector pump everything ok). Loosen one injector line , nothing comes out.
Verified that I have “juice” to the fuel shutoff solenoid. Can hear click when I turn on ignition key. Don’t know if that is shutoff actuating or glow plugs coming on.
Filter is new. Getting fuel to injector pump. No fuel coming out of injector line exiting injector pump.
Looking for ideas.
You might try bleeding air at the injection pump. There’s a small banjo bolt at the very top of your injection pump you loosen a little while cranking.

/ TC35 no start issues
You might try bleeding air at the injection pump. There’s a small banjo bolt at the very top of your injection pump you loosen a little while cranking.
Sounds good. Not familiar with “banjo” bolt. Could you provide a description? And would it be located towards front, center or back?
Thanks.

/ TC35 no start issues #6  
Here you are , this is from a CIH dx35 but identical to yours I think. Bolt is to right and above fuel supply hose

Attachments

• A497E091-9B95-44BD-947C-C4AED68C3BAB.jpeg
    A497E091-9B95-44BD-947C-C4AED68C3BAB.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 25
   / TC35 no start issues
Thanks!

/ TC35 no start issues #8  
If your getting good fuel flow to the injection pump and nothing out I think you have found a problem. Be sure to bleed the **** out of the system before you proceed.

I believe there are small popit valves at the pump outlets for each injector. You really need to do more research on that injection pump because I'm sure it's not cheap to replace.

/ TC35 no start issues
Bled that line. Verified that the fuel shutoff solenoid is working properly. No joy.
Got good fuel flow to the injector pump. Nothing coming out, aka, nothing from the injector lines when I loosen and attempt to start engine.
Tractor was running when I parked it a couple of weeks ago. I have replaced the fuel lift pump, but as far as I can tell it is working properly.
Anytime in the past when I changed a fuel filter, all I did was leve it slightly loose, turn on fuel valve and let fuel run through it for a short bit. Then tighten bowl nut.

/ TC35 no start issues
If your getting good fuel flow to the injection pump and nothing out I think you have found a problem. Be sure to bleed the **** out of the system before you proceed.

I believe there are small popit valves at the pump outlets for each injector. You really need to do more research on that injection pump because I'm sure it's not cheap to replace.
Yes figure the injection pump has to produce a certain amount of pressure to send fuel to the injectors. what baffles me is that the engine was running fine when i parked it.
i have completely removed the injector line from the front injector on the injector pump. Getting nothing out of this. Zilch.
The only thing different from when I parked it is I replaced the fuel lift pump which seems to be working good. I have bled everywhere I know to bleed including the banjo bolt on the fuel intake at the injector pump. I know in the past that anytime I changed out the fuel filter I never had to bleed anything.
Open to any ideas as I am out of them.
I can put the old fuel lift pump back on but really don’t think this will solve the problem. BTW I did remove the fuel shutoff solenoid and checked it. It is operating just fine. Removed and checked at battery with jumper wir and then checked with the spade service wire before I screwed it back in.
Engine acts just like I am trying to start it with the seat safety switch not activated.(it is)