RK Tractor reviews???

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / RK Tractor reviews??? #1  

uptaker73

Silver Member
Tractor
RK 37, John Deere LX280 John Deere Z535m John Deere 160
I'm currently looking at the RK37. Will definitely be making a purchase within the next few weeks. I need some real honest reviews of these RK tractors. I'm also looking into the Mahindra 2638 and Massey ferguson 1736. Would like the RK because the store is 5 minutes from our house. Any help from you guy's who have made the RK purchase would be great!!

Thanks again,

Greg

/ RK Tractor reviews??? #2  
Have you watched the "Outdoors with the Morgans" YouTube channel? RK lent him three different ones and all the attachments and he makes videos about them. Not an impartial review but lots of good info.

/ RK Tractor reviews??? #3  
I bought a RK37 and took delivery a couple of weeks ago. So far so good but I only have 25 hours on it, mostly running the backhoe.

I looked long and hard at all the major brands and based on specs vs price RK was the clear winner for my situation, plus Rural King was the closest dealer to my farm. It is however a calculated gamble I was was willing to take.

Only time will tell how it will hold up and if/when it needs to be serviced how well Rural King will handle it.

Let me know if you have any specific questions and I’ll be happy to try and answer them.

/ RK Tractor reviews??? #4  
They seem like real good machines, but proximity to the store wouldn't factor in for me, other than convenience for picking the machine up after buying it. Everything I have heard/read makes it sound like RK will not have a major service facility at their stores, at least not in the sense of a traditional tractor dealer. Normally here on TBN we stress proximity to dealer and having a good dealer relationship, but at least for now it doesn't seem like RK has those capabilities lined up yet.

The couple stories I have read about people taking delivery here on TBN made it sound like the store staff are pretty new to the whole tractor thing (in some cases they knew less about tractors than the buyer). I would want to know what RK's plans are for developing some sort of traditional dealer support network if that was important to you. If it is important but they don't have plans to turn their stores into a full fledged tractor dealer/service department, then it wouldn't matter if it's 5 minutes away or not.

/ RK Tractor reviews???
I really enjoy watching the youtube channel Outdoors with the Morgans..I believe Mike does a great job of trying to offer an unbiased opinion on the RK tractor. That being said I do worry that the service may be lacking if there is ever a real issue with these tractors. I can say that the business that our local store does tells me it isn't going anywhere soon, they stay absolutely busy. I hope to be making a purchase in the next couple of months. Which brand I'm still not sure. But when I do I hope it's my last purchase.

/ RK Tractor reviews???
How is the RK still holding up? Any issues?

/ RK Tractor reviews??? #7  
No issues to report with mine. Everything is working exactly as it should.

/ RK Tractor reviews???
Thanks for the update. I seen this weekend at my local store they had the mobile service trucks sitting out front. That's a good sign they are making a effort to stick around in the tractor business.

/ RK Tractor reviews??? #9  
I'm currently looking at the RK37. Will definitely be making a purchase within the next few weeks. I need some real honest reviews of these RK tractors. I'm also looking into the Mahindra 2638 and Massey ferguson 1736. Would like the RK because the store is 5 minutes from our house. Any help from you guy's who have made the RK purchase would be great!!

Thanks again,

Greg

The RK 37 and the Mahindra 2638 the same Tractor except for the engine. Mahindra uses their own in the 2638 and the RK uses the standard Yanmar engine that TYM uses in theirs. There are some small differences, Mahindra uses a different seat, most say it is too low and too close to the steering wheel. TYM has built built tractors for Mahindra for over a decade. I’m not sure if Mahindra puts a different loader on like they used to. Let’s just hope that RK does not get sold like Cabelas did. If they did not sell, they would still be selling Green TYM’s and they people who have warranty issues would not have the problems they have today. But we most likely would not have RK selling them. I wonder when TYM is going to put their own engine in them since they bought Kujke ( Branson ) last year. Kujke is licensed by Cummins to produce engines.

/ RK Tractor reviews??? #10  
I bought a RK37 and took delivery a couple of weeks ago. So far so good but I only have 25 hours on it, mostly running the backhoe.

I looked long and hard at all the major brands and based on specs vs price RK was the clear winner for my situation, plus Rural King was the closest dealer to my farm. It is however a calculated gamble I was was willing to take.

Only time will tell how it will hold up and if/when it needs to be serviced how well Rural King will handle it.

Let me know if you have any specific questions and I’ll be happy to try and answer them.

I'm looking at one myself.

Originally I was looking between the rk37 and 55, open station models with the basic tranny option. My wife has convinced me to go for the rk37 with cab and air conditioner, and hydrostatic trans so that she could drive it.

So now I'm leaning that way.

Which model did you get?

Status
Not open for further replies.