Surveyor Job Opening

/ Surveyor Job Opening #11  
This article says the man got away, but no details.

/ Surveyor Job Opening #12  
"Kaktovik residents participate in annual bowhead whale hunts, and slaughter the animals at a spot on the coast near the airport. The remains attract polar bears to feed, and people drive down to watch them. This guy got out of his truck:"
There is an element of Darwin Award here.
I can't tell from the picture if the camera man was in a position to help or not. But in that neighborhood it seems to me there would be some rifles around if required.

Last edited:
   / Surveyor Job Opening #13  
Tig said:
"Kaktovik residents participate in annual bowhead whale hunts, and slaughter the animals at a spot on the coast near the airport. The remains attract polar bears to feed, and people drive down to watch them. This guy got out of his truck:"
There is an element of Darwin Award here. In that neighblourhood it seems to me there would be some rifles around if required.

He is apparently a professional film maker or videograhper. The give away is, the tripod has a tilt/pan video head on it. And judging by the size, he is no amateur.

He probably films animals, and close encounters are part of the job.

/ Surveyor Job Opening #14  
Ahaa, well I just fell hook line and sinker for the "Surveyor Job opening" thing. So, he was prolly there taking pics of the bears huh, that makes a lot more sense, but even so, that pucker factor shore does come into play when I look at those pics. I pinched a hunk a cotton outta my computor chair the first time I looked at 'em :eek:

That bear might think that the runner is beef jerky on the hoof :eek:

/ Surveyor Job Opening
Yeh - you caught me - it was a videograper.........I just thought it was funnier as a job posting ad for a surveyor given all the recent noise on the board about surveys; neighbors; etc....