For those against drones -

/ For those against drones - #11  
standard.jpg

SR

I use that one for a signature picture on some forums I'm on....:laughing:

/ For those against drones - #12  
I'm 'against' them to... Against not having one. Have an Autel Evo coming. Will use it for scouting farm fields so it won't be sitting in any case very long. I prefer the Autel, it don't Geofence like the DJI's do.

/ For those against drones - #13  
I'm 'against' them to... Against not having one. Have an Autel Evo coming. Will use it for scouting farm fields so it won't be sitting in any case very long. I prefer the Autel, it don't Geofence like the DJI's do.

Very valid point on the geofence issue with DJI. I haven't updated mine due to that. But then again, it wouldn't change my flight habits one bit since I'm so remote. Closest active air strip is a Mil base 20 miles south of me. None of the local field grass runways have given me any issues, fly over a few of them occasionally.

/ For those against drones - #14  

Best reason I've ever heard to own your own drone. :thumbsup: This is going to make many more of us recognize them as a valuable tool.

That said, I'll just hire a few pics taken of my place and share. :rolleyes:

/ For those against drones - #15  
I have 3 friends that all purchased the mavic pro drone. ... one after the other. All got cool videos of their place. Then after a few weeks, they all sit in closet in the case. When i was thinking a drone might be a cool toy i talked to all 3 and nobody even uses them anymore.

I had one and the novelty wore off pretty fast. I recouped almost all of my money on it when I realized it had not been used in 6 months.
I flew ultralights years ago and that was way more fun than any drone.

/ For those against drones - #16  
Best reason I've ever heard to own your own drone. :thumbsup: This is going to make many more of us recognize them as a valuable tool.

That said, I'll just hire a few pics taken of my place and share. :rolleyes:

I can swing by on my way up to Big Rapids where my hunting property is and take some for you. Heck, you can fly it yourself...

The EVO with a tablet or Android attached is capable of grid mapping so it's ideal for my use in mapping farm fields. None of my fields are square or rectangular, all odd shaped.

Was going to get a DJI until I found out about the Geofencing. There are a ton of small but FAA registered airports around me and the DJI won't fly near any FAA licensed airspace without first getting permission. Not that I want to be illegal but I don't want to deal with that hassle either.