Tires 110 TLB New Front Meats!

/ 110 TLB New Front Meats! #1  

V1BuzzBomb

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 110 TLB
Just bought new front wheels and tires for 110 TLB. I had a LF that had a couple of outer bead dings, lost air to the point that I had to add every week and a half or so if I wanted to carry much with the loader. I also considered that the effort to strip the old rubber off the rims and refinish and related cost to buying new rims. Pal-Mar had a decent offering of new rims with Carlisle Guard Dogs mounted to my door @$560/pair. Here's what I ultimately did and why.

Rims...I went with Southwest wheel. It's a wheel that they list specifically as Case but identical specs except a slight offset difference. When I closely viewed the Pal-Mar wheels versus the Case and Deere, I notice that the rim tire recess for tire mounting was wider on the Pal-Mar and corresponding lip where the valve stem hole is located is further to the outside than OEM Deere or Case. The Pal-Mar wheel outer rim part was symmetrical in versus out. On OEM Deere and Case, the lip where the stem hole exists is greatly recessed towards the rim center. The outer rim part is asymmetrical. Thus, the valve stem is greatly recessed into the rim and away from the bead on the OEM Deere and Case. I feel much more confident having my stem that much further away from contact, even considering the stem protector!

The OEM Deere and Case wheel replicate the old automotive style "reversed" wheel with the narrow lip inboard and wide lip outboard, that is relative to the valve stem aimed out. The Case wheel I bought is US made, same specs as Deere, except 3/8" greater outset. In fact, the Case wheel inner and outer rim components have the exact same component stampings as Deere, XH and GKN, respectively, IIRC.

These rims from Southwest wheel were just over $200 to my door for the pair.

Tires...Carlisle Guard Dog 10-16.5, 10 Ply with rim guard, 4710 pound rating, 75 psi, US made (I'm a stickler on that). Bought from jet.com for $302/pair, free shipping to my door.

I had to mount and supply stems but I come in at just over $500 for complete new fronts.

I previously ran max pressure at time of inflation with known leakage. New rubber rated at 4710 pound rating for one and 9420 pound for two at 75 psi, I think I'm well past machine capacity. I have new set at 35 psi at the moment. I'll keep tabs on leakage, wear and compression under max capacity and adjust pressure from there.

Attachments

• wheeldeerefrontnew.jpg
    wheeldeerefrontnew.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:
   / 110 TLB New Front Meats! #2  
Good to know, I'm going to need to replace mine sometime soon too, but what I wanted to do was go solid rubber on the front like some of the skid steers and not have to worry as much about front flat tires.

/ 110 TLB New Front Meats! #3  
Looks great
Thanks for the info
:thumbsup:

/ 110 TLB New Front Meats! #4  
Hi V1BuzzBomb - Are you still liking these rims and tires you purchased (about 4 years ago)? Can you post the model number or other details for the rims and/or rims with mounted tires? I'm interested in getting a pair. You posted sufficient details above for me to find the tires online, but not the rims or rims with mounted tires.

/ 110 TLB New Front Meats!
I couldn't be happier. I doesn't seem that Southwest wheel is currently the same wheel I bought.

/ 110 TLB New Front Meats! #6  
That is not a adequate picture per forum unwritten rules!

whole machine should be displayed proudly!

;)

Thx for info also