1526 cranks but will not fire

/ 1526 cranks but will not fire #1  

kmmn

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1526
I stopped cutting and as I lowered the throttle the engine dies and it will not restart. Cranks fine. Battery is fully charged. Never ran low on fuel and topped off 30 minutes before. All fuses good. Oil level good. Coolant level good. 283 hours. I tried to replace the fuel filter, but the dealer was out, but it didn't sputter or hiccup so I don't think it's the filter.

/ 1526 cranks but will not fire #2  
Given that it cranks fine it is some sort of "fuel side" problem. Fuel shutoff inadvertntly hit maybe ? Easiest thing to do is probably to unscrew one of the high pressure side lines at an injector and see if you have fuel squirting. Your interlocks for most things (being in gear, PTO set to run, weight on seat if you have that, etc.) would keep it from cranking if they were at fault. I'm not familiar enough with a 1526 to say what if any electrical issues might prevent fuel pumping but I'd expect the fuel side to be all mechanical with exception of a fuel pump. Many ((like my larger MF2660) have an electroical fuel pump. Do you hear it running when you turn the key or did you before this?
Of course this is a good question for your dealer -- assuming you have a good relationship with a dealer there.
From what you have said I think fuel starvation. Matter of finding out why. Seeing if fuel squirts will narrow it down anyway. Good luck.

/ 1526 cranks but will not fire #3  
I agree with JWR on the fuel problem. If the fuses are good it may be a bad or intermittent fuel shutoff solenoid. You can check to see if it has the necessary voltage to open. You can also check resistance of its coil(s) to see if it has opened up. This would probably be a dealer supplied part. With the 283 hours on your tractor it should be on warranty.

/ 1526 cranks but will not fire
It's the overpriced ($250.00) fuel cutoff solenoid. I'm waiting for the dealer to install it, now

My dealer didn't have the solenoid in stock (and the grass is growing), so I found one at another dealer and dropped it off yesterday. The tractor showed up in the driveway today (good thing, because I borrowed my old 755 to finish cutting last week and I couldn't do that again)

/ 1526 cranks but will not fire #6  
It's the overpriced ($250.00) fuel cutoff solenoid. I'm waiting for the dealer to install it, now
Glad to hear you found out what the issue was and for letting others know.

I wonder how the price you paid for yours compares to other brands?

/ 1526 cranks but will not fire #7  
Was your M-F 1526 still under warranty & did they cover the cost of the repair or prorate it & buy chance did they cover the transport cost to & from the dealer? Usually the owner has to pay for that! & that is the 1st time I've heard of a 1526 having any kind of problem & thank You for letting us know what the problem was.

/ 1526 cranks but will not fire #8  
Was your M-F 1526 still under warranty & did they cover the cost of the repair or prorate it & buy chance did they cover the transport cost to & from the dealer? Usually the owner has to pay for that! & that is the 1st time I've heard of a 1526 having any kind of problem & thank You for letting us know what the problem was.
They picked it up and were going to submit it to warranty. No bill, so far. The dealerships as about 3 miles from my house and I usually just drive it.