Loader 16LA Loader doesn't lift like it should

/ 16LA Loader doesn't lift like it should #1  

MGM

Tractor
New Holland TC35
Hello, I have a tc35d with a 16LA loader that doesn't lift like it did when new. It has 335 hours on a 7 year old unit. Changed all the hydro filters, it might lift 600# right now. Help

/ 16LA Loader doesn't lift like it should #2  
Please don't take this the wrong way, but "might" won't get it. You have to know exactly when working with hydraulics. You need to get a pressure gage and check the pressure at the loader quick-connects. . . period. The pressure should be 2250 psi before the relief valve opens with engine rpm around 2000. Knowing that is key info to problem resolution.

Oh yes, :welcome: to TBN. I didn't mean to jump on your first post, but wanted to be certain you understand what is needed.

/ 16LA Loader doesn't lift like it should #3  
Jesus! Way to jump on the new guy....aren't you all high and mighty!

/ 16LA Loader doesn't lift like it should #4  
Jesus! Way to jump on the new guy....aren't you all high and mighty!

Perhaps you didn't read all of Jim's note. I think if you look at the last line he explains why he said what he did. Frankly, he is high and mighty when it comes to identifying and fixing problems on the Boomer line. I personally have benefited from his knowledge and wisdom.

I'd strongly encourage the OP to follow Jim's advice. It is the quickest way to solving problems. And if he isn't sure how to do something (like measuring pressure) he will find guidance here too.

/ 16LA Loader doesn't lift like it should #5  
Hello, I have a tc35d with a 16LA loader that doesn't lift like it did when new. It has 335 hours on a 7 year old unit. Changed all the hydro filters, it might lift 600# right now. Help
Welcome MGM,
The fellow who's working his TC45D diagonally in his avatar photo happens to be one of the true experts in the TC line of New Hollands that regularly contributes to this forum by helping us with practically any issue posted herein. Jinman is truly a gentelman but as he posted, specifics are a must in order to fix a problematic tractor. He's kindly walked me through adding rear remotes, removing the 16LA loader and several other lengthy PM's (all on his dime) for my TC40, I read every post he makes because some day I too may have a similar issue. Just relax, answer his questions as best you can-Jim is a giver, not a taker. Good luck.

/ 16LA Loader doesn't lift like it should #6  
Thanks for your support and votes of confidence, gents. I didn't take topstoy's post seriously. I took it as a tongue in cheek remark. If it was serious, then your responses are plenty. I don't want to have this thread become something with issues other than finding out for sure what the OP's problems are. I just want the OP to know that we are here to help, but there are things he must do to give us feedback. If he checks pressure and it is low, I'll gladly tell him how to adjust it up. It would not be responsible to give him that advice without knowing the facts and maybe cause a pump failure due to overpressure.

Again, you guys are great friends and I appreciate your support. . . yours too topstoy.:thumbsup::D

/ 16LA Loader doesn't lift like it should #7  
That's exactly what I mean't, tonge and cheek! Like slapping a buddy and saying, go easy on the young lad, Mr. hot shot! I can apprieciate your knowledge and advise. Ken:thumbsup: