1959 IH 560 deisel glow plugs

/ 1959 IH 560 deisel glow plugs #1  

frett54261

Tractor
IH 560 d
any suggestions on a brand? run originals or new type with higher voltage? thank you for your help

/ 1959 IH 560 deisel glow plugs #2  
Originals are as good as any without having to modify. Most important part is the condition of the engine! Good compression is the key! To many have not been rebuilt right and they do have issues with starting! Don't know where you are at with your work but they can be made to start with little glow plug use!

/ 1959 IH 560 deisel glow plugs #3  
If the originals lasted for sixty years I'd stick with that type.

/ 1959 IH 560 deisel glow plugs
Originals are as good as any without having to modify. Most important part is the condition of the engine! Good compression is the key! To many have not been rebuilt right and they do have issues with starting! Don't know where you are at with your work but they can be made to start with little glow plug use!
any idea what an engine overhaul would cost?thankyou for your reply and time

/ 1959 IH 560 deisel glow plugs #5  
That's a loaded question! If I had the tractor it could be "up" to 2,000 a hole if really bad but that also includes injection pump rebuild, injectors as well as radiator cleaning and far more to make it better then new. People have told me that they have been better then when new!

/ 1959 IH 560 deisel glow plugs #6  
We had a 560 back when I was growing up, it was the fancy tractor, wide front end, power steering, etc. Seems it never really liked to start by itself, we got so we parked it at top of hill and rolled down and dumped clutch to start it.. even after using glow plugs. It ran great, just never liked starting on its own.

/ 1959 IH 560 deisel glow plugs #7  
We had a 560 back when I was growing up, it was the fancy tractor, wide front end, power steering, etc. Seems it never really liked to start by itself, we got so we parked it at top of hill and rolled down and dumped clutch to start it.. even after using glow plugs. It ran great, just never liked starting on its own.

That was a problem and it can be overcome!!!

/ 1959 IH 560 deisel glow plugs #8  
If you can find newer, maybe 1980s vintage, that would screw into the same hole and all, I'd go with the newer ones. Somewhere around 1980, they developed glow plugs that worked so much faster than the old ones. Had a 1973 Benz with the old, slow ones. Ones on the 1983 Benz were at least 3 times faster.

Of course, the newest ones are even faster if they'd fit but aren't terribly faster than the 1980ish ones.

Ralph

/ 1959 IH 560 deisel glow plugs #9  
Dont use glow plugs, just a blast of ether will work, BUT DONT turn on glow plugs after ether treat!!! Always started my 715 combine that way and never blowed it up! ----IH had some idea that just didnt work when they designed these engines during that time period! ---Just my .002!!