1960's International Farmall 140

/ 1960's International Farmall 140 #1  

patricku421

Tractor
John Deere 5045D, International Farmall 140
I don't know if this is the proper place for this question, but I assumed it was a good start. I have a 1963? Farmall 140 that came with my farm that I am looking for a value on. I bought my new John Deere and ever since then the Farmall has just been sitting. It is a 1 owner, in good original condition. Mechanically it runs as good as my new JD, the sheet metal is straight, but needs paint, it has the factory belly plows, has a 3 point hitch conversion, and a 5' brush hog. The tires on the rear are fairly new, the fronts appear to be original but hold air. Everything works as it should with the exception of the lights. I will be up there this weekend, so I will try to shoot some pictures. I will be listing it for sale shortly and I just need an approximate value.

Thanks!

/ 1960's International Farmall 140 #2  
It all depends on where you are and when it is. During tobacco season they sell for a premium. I have seen them anywhere from $1000 to $3500. Sorry to be so vague.

Good luck.

/ 1960's International Farmall 140
I appreciate the response, as my original post was rather vague. I have done quite a bit of research and they seem to be all over the board depending on location. I've seen them in the same condition as mine selling for as little as $1500 and as much as $5000. I am thinking about listing it on eBay, but I didn't know what a good place to set my reserve would be. I don't want to give it away, as my great uncle bought it new, but I feel like I'm doing it more harm than good by letting it just sit in the barn.

/ 1960's International Farmall 140 #4  
I would put a listing on craigslist for your area.
I appreciate the response, as my original post was rather vague. I have done quite a bit of research and they seem to be all over the board depending on location. I've seen them in the same condition as mine selling for as little as $1500 and as much as $5000. I am thinking about listing it on eBay, but I didn't know what a good place to set my reserve would be. I don't want to give it away, as my great uncle bought it new, but I feel like I'm doing it more harm than good by letting it just sit in the barn.

/ 1960's International Farmall 140
I would put a listing on craigslist for your area.

That was my first idea, but it seems like they are a better sell in the midwest than they are in the southeast Texas area. I'm not looking to get rich, but I would like a fair market value for it.

/ 1960's International Farmall 140 #6  
With the up and coming organic produce businesses popping up, those 140's, and previous models with hydraulics and cultivators are bringing a premium price. I'd do a CL search for the entire US, and get some prices, then decide on a price you'd be happy with, getting out of it, and go with that.

Would love to have one of those myself, with Fast-Hitch, and a single bottom turning plow. But way out of my price range, for what I intend to do with it. Basically a play toy for antique plowing days.

/ 1960's International Farmall 140 #7  
In my area (Raleigh and Roanoke), 140's are hot and have always been. $3000-$5000.

I've got 2, and wouldnt trade them for anything.

/ 1960's International Farmall 140 #8  
In my area (Raleigh and Roanoke), 140's are hot and have always been. $3000-$5000.

I've got 2, and wouldnt trade them for anything.

Same for parts of Ohio. These are popular around here as well. If it were me and I had the storage space I would keep it. They are popular enough that you could always sell it and I can't see it declining in value. Tractors like this are the things you "grow into" in life.

/ 1960's International Farmall 140 #9  
Yeah, I'd probably keep it too. Seems I'm doing things a lot of times, the second tractor comes in real handy. Or 3rd tractor, or fourth...

I use 3 or 4 for making hay. Depends on if I can get someone to haul in bales, while I'm baling, I'll put the bale carrier on the Ford 2000. Got 2 harnessed up to rake & ted, and the IH 656 w/loader goes from the haybine, to round baler, and most times, drop the baler, and put the bale carrier on. Nice on the day you bale, to just hop on another and go. :)