1968 Ford 4000 runs rough, sputters, pops, surges, etc...

/ 1968 Ford 4000 runs rough, sputters, pops, surges, etc... #11  
When I'm trying to get O degrees in the observation window, I'm not able to see the balloon inflate, turn the crank, and watch for the mark. So, I have turned the engine backwards with the breaker bar to get the mark in the window. Have I done something to the timing because of doing that?

I watched a Steiner Video and I think I'm doing everything correctly. But it's got to be something with the Distributor, Points, timing.

Maybe I can document what I'm doing with pictures and then send an audio file.
I'm not certain what you are asking but I just want to mention #1 piston and mark on flywheel come to top-dead-center TWICE,once on compression when plug sparks and again on exhaust without plug sparking. Crankshaft turns twice while distributor turns one revolution. Timing doesn't cause sputtering,popping and surging. One of my neighbor's drinking buddies thought it would be cute to switch a couple of plug wires on his tractor so he had to borrow a trailer to haul it to a mechanic.

/ 1968 Ford 4000 runs rough, sputters, pops, surges, etc...
Installed a coil with ballast resistor and it runs like a top. The 5 previous coils were creating a stray voltage problem.

/ 1968 Ford 4000 runs rough, sputters, pops, surges, etc... #13  
Thanks for the feed back.