1972 International Model 574

/ 1972 International Model 574 #1  

JayGee59

Tractor
Plymouth Front Tine Tiller Model 51000 43165
My friend is too embarrassed to ask but don't fall off your chairs laughing at his question please. He had one question, however, to help him I'm asking two more. I've been away from tractors for 50+ years but he asked me to take a look for the dipstick and I could not find anything that resembled such.

1. WHERE in the iH is the Oil Dip Stick - was his main question? Left or Right side and location?

2. While we're at it what Oil Filter is required, and it's location?
I'm asking this because I don't want him to run an antique tractor.

3. Are there Operator Manuals on-line to view?

Any help will be greatly appreciated by both of us.

Thanks!

/ 1972 International Model 574 #2  
Gas or diesel engine? Dipstick and filter should be on right for diesel. It's a fairly big tube with a screw type cap, not a narrow tube with a ring on the end.

/ 1972 International Model 574 #3  
I can't answer your questions but I certainly wouldn't call that an antique tractor! It is the same age as my 354/444 which I don't even consider that old. Well broken-in maybe!

/ 1972 International Model 574 #4  
If I recall correctly, our Gas 574 had a dipstick on the left or drivers side and it did have a big ring or loop. As for the oil filter I do not remember but don't recall it being that hard to locate and change.
I don't think you'll find any online manuals for those, way before home computers were available.

/ 1972 International Model 574 #5  
Can you post a picture of both sides of the tractor, focused on the engine area?

/ 1972 International Model 574 #6  
Your friend could always buy a manual:

/ 1972 International Model 574 #7  
Lots of photos of 574's on-line, here is a gas one:

Attachments

• 574.JPG
    574.JPG
    364.5 KB · Views: 114
   / 1972 International Model 574
Thanks to all who replied my friend found the dip stick and, being stuck from non-use, he had quite a time getting that off.

All of your replies were greatly appreciated. THANKS!!!