2 Stage Snowblower on a Gravel Drive (How To)

/ 2 Stage Snowblower on a Gravel Drive (How To) #11  
I am confused the title is about a snowblower, but the video is about a plow ...

/ 2 Stage Snowblower on a Gravel Drive (How To) #14  
I usually just use front blade until I've got an icebase before using blower.

/ 2 Stage Snowblower on a Gravel Drive (How To) #15  
No matter what skid shoes you use it still disturbs gravel. That's why i put wheels on all my snowblowers. That includes 3pt snowblower. Keeps constant 2" space above ground and you can change it by tilting blower edge
I have done ths by mounting trailer tongue jacks on my snowblower. I can adjust the bottom edge as close or high as needed. Works great to lower over pavement, or raise blower over gravel. Jon

/ 2 Stage Snowblower on a Gravel Drive (How To) #16  
I no longer use a blower. It was slow - took 3 1/2 to 4 hours to clear driveway, mailbox area and yard. Now I have a bigger tractor and use a HD rear blade. It now takes 1.5 hours to do the exact same job.

When I did use the blower. I had two "skids" made. 10" wide by 18" long. They worked well even when the gravel wasn't frozen up - hard as a rock. They kept the front lip of the blower about 1.5" up off the gravel surface.

Without the two skids - it was a REAL gravel chucking machine.

/ 2 Stage Snowblower on a Gravel Drive (How To) #17  
I use a blade on FEL until I get a snow/ice surface with no gravel. Then snowblower works great, it is so fast with a pull type snowblower. I then use blade between buildings/cars where I can't shoot the snow anywhere.