2005 NH TC29 DA TACHOMETER & HOUR METER STOPPED WORKING

/ 2005 NH TC29 DA TACHOMETER & HOUR METER STOPPED WORKING #11  
Amazon (cheap imported switches) are always suspect and I always purchase OEM not some Chinese copy. I understand the siren call of cheap but it's usually not a good idea.

/ 2005 NH TC29 DA TACHOMETER & HOUR METER STOPPED WORKING #12  
OEM is usually good stuff however in this case the OEM key switches for the TC series are a very poor design, see the following thread:

TC33D Glow Plug Problem Fixed

Like Harry mentioned I doubt the key switch has anything to do with your intermittent tach problem. I'd perform the test as Harry described and if the signal from the alternator changes when your tach is not working then there is the simple answer.

/ 2005 NH TC29 DA TACHOMETER & HOUR METER STOPPED WORKING
I replaced the alternator. Made in China $100.00 version. Tach and hour meter now working fine. Go figure!

/ 2005 NH TC29 DA TACHOMETER & HOUR METER STOPPED WORKING #14  
All TC owners, remove your start switch, open it up and slather the innerds with dielectric grease. Makes a big difference! Even on the ebay/amazon switches, which seem to be similar quality to OEM.

/ 2005 NH TC29 DA TACHOMETER & HOUR METER STOPPED WORKING #15  
If anyone finds this thread wondering about replacing the key switch, I followed the recommendation of another thread to use NAPA KS6600 and it seemed to be good quality. Happy with it so far!

/ 2005 NH TC29 DA TACHOMETER & HOUR METER STOPPED WORKING #16  
Yesterday my tach and hour meter stopped working. Everything else works. Several days before that I had removed the starter solenoid hot wire to clean it as a possible reason for my click, click, click then start condition. I was careful not to disturb the wires on the generator. Anyone have an idea?
I just started having the same problem, but my alternator isn’t charging at all. What I did was to jump the tractor and put a voltmeter on the battery turned on the lights and the battery voltage just started going down. You can also charge the battery all the way. Do the same thing. If it goes down then there is no voltage coming from the battery. Reading all the responses on this post it sounds like my alternator is bad if that is where the tachometer works off of.

Thanks