2006 L48 vs 2015 L47 TLB, looking for opinions

/ 2006 L48 vs 2015 L47 TLB, looking for opinions #41  
Good on the filters and oil, then. Frankly as long as the filters are right, I've don't have a problem with using several different types of hydraulic oil.
In fact we run a non-kubota HST oil in our M59, and different ones yet in the Deeres, the Ford PU, and the MB Sprinter RV.

Maybe a valve and maybe something other.....but in the end it's all mechanical and therefore infinitely repairable. If I had a good old style dealer & experienced mechanic available that would make me favor the older machinery myself. For hydraulic diagnosis, nothing beats a combination flowmeter and pressure gauge although it is rare to find a shop that has one. Even our local large JD tractor shop doesn't have that simple hydraulic tool. Diagnosing hydraulics without a flowmeter is sort of like doing electrical without a VOM.

Will be traveling in Boston area soon. But staying away from tractor shops until post-vaccine.

I like the OEM factory manuals from the dealer. Yes, they are expensive but worth it. Good quality printing & good illustrations. Particularly good hydraulic section.
rScotty

/ 2006 L48 vs 2015 L47 TLB, looking for opinions
Update from a few weeks ago. Cockpit error? My bud reports all is normal after several hours, and a 3 miles run as well. We are thinking I did not have the range selector exactly in the right detent? Ideas?

So far so good, probably about 10-15 hours on it, one loader cylinder is leaking and dealing is rebuilding under warranty. I did order a new muffler from him, that was not under warranty and was as it.

/ 2006 L48 vs 2015 L47 TLB, looking for opinions #43  
Glad its working, I don't look at the sticker for H-M-L it just drops in and you can feel it in your hand.....

/ 2006 L48 vs 2015 L47 TLB, looking for opinions #44  
Glad its working, I don't look at the sticker for H-M-L it just drops in and you can feel it in your hand.....

You have the obvious advantage of being a young buck!
I look at every sticker, and by the time I understand what it might mean, I have usually forgotten what I wanted to know.

Last edited:
   / 2006 L48 vs 2015 L47 TLB, looking for opinions #45  
I had the L48 for a couple of years and was quite happy to sell it. The gearing is not good for things like mowing. I was not happy with its power. Sold it and purchased a L3830 and was so happy with it, great gearing and in some ways, more powerful.

/ 2006 L48 vs 2015 L47 TLB, looking for opinions #46  
I had the L48 for a couple of years and was quite happy to sell it. The gearing is not good for things like mowing. I was not happy with its power. Sold it and purchased a L3830 and was so happy with it, great gearing and in some ways, more powerful.

You originally bought a Kubota L48 TLB with the intent of using it as a 48HP mower?

Last edited: