2007 Bad Boy ZT 60" 26hp B&S

/ 2007 Bad Boy ZT 60" 26hp B&S #1  

normoushoward

Tractor
Mahindra 3616 HST w/ Cab, 1942 Ford 2N
Hey everyone,

I'm looking at a 2007 Bad Boy ZT 60" with a 26hp B&S engine. It's been pretty heavily used just on a local farm by an old guy. The grandson just came and replaced a bunch of stuff on it and has it running again (two new spindles, new fuel pump, new spark plugs, new blades, changed transaxle fluid and filters). It has just over 500 hours on it, assuming that is accurate, although I do believe him. They seem like good people. It has had a fair amount of use and who knows how well it has been maintained, but it starts up nicely and drives pretty well from what I can tell. I'm not a small engine guy by any means, but I have about 7 acres, and mowing with my old 42" Craftsman or my big Mahindra tractor just doesn't make much sense and has gotten pretty tiresome. And I'm in the process of building a barn and doing a bunch of other stuff, so a budget mower definitely has my interest peaked (meaning that if I can't get something $2-3k, then I won't get anything at all until another year or so).

Here's the kicker... he'd sell it to me for $1400, which seems pretty cheap for this mower and hours.

So, I know it is a gamble. I could get it and this thing could break down in like 2 weeks, but here is my question.... does anyone have any tips of things I should look at? What is your gut check on whether this is worth the $1400 price tag or not? Is that a good price tag so that if something did go wrong, it'd probably be worth it?

Last edited:
   / 2007 Bad Boy ZT 60" 26hp B&S #2  
If your ground is fairly level it sounds like a fair deal at 1000 or 1200, after all it's a 10 year old machine and I have seen new ones at TS 3000 to 3500, I have a friend that has one and he likes it, so good luck.

/ 2007 Bad Boy ZT 60" 26hp B&S #3  
Re: 2007 Bad Boy ZT 60" 26hp B&S

In my opinion the drives are going to be the death of that mower everything else is easily fixed or replaced even the engine. I'd price the drives and place my bets on if I could live with buying a replacement drive but at only 500hrs I wouldn't imagine they would give trouble.