2013 BOOMER 25 HST - SPLITTING OPEN TRANSMISSION

/ 2013 BOOMER 25 HST - SPLITTING OPEN TRANSMISSION #1  

Thor Lane

Tractor
2013 New Holland Boomer 25
Hello Everyone. So there is something significantly wrong with the transmission on this machine. Stays in 4WD, 2WD-4WD lever moves without any resistance, and heard some grinding noises when last moved into storage. I have the service manuals - anyone have any idea about the number of hours to take this apart and then reassemble? I don't have a lot of time so just wondering...

Thanks,

Thor Lane

/ 2013 BOOMER 25 HST - SPLITTING OPEN TRANSMISSION #2  
Thor,

What kind of shop are you equipped with? Do you have a set of splitting stands or an overhead crane? Not to be rude, but it's pretty hard to take a stab at your time investment without knowing if this is the sort of thing you have done before, and if you have the space and tools to do so.

I would expect to spend at least a day splitting it if you haven't done one before, and then another one to get it back together. Not sure what you would need for parts or running for materials.

Best of luck on getting it fixed!

/ 2013 BOOMER 25 HST - SPLITTING OPEN TRANSMISSION
ScipiioUSA, thanks for your input. I haven't done before, but I do have a full garage with overhead I beam and the tools. No splitting stands - not sure this compact HST uses that. This tractor came with the house I bought and want to know how to fix it when needed. I guess the word of the day is - don't get crushed..

/ 2013 BOOMER 25 HST - SPLITTING OPEN TRANSMISSION #4  
Ok, so you are set up for success which is good! You can still use some stands and rails to help with the split, but a good rolling jack and some cribbing will work too.

#1 thing to do is cut some wedges from wood and hammer them on either side of your front axle so the engine cannot tip side to side on you once you unbolt it. Not something you might think about until it's too hard to control and then it might be too late.

Trace a line where the split is and remove or unhook everything that crosses that line. Remove the bolts and slowly work things apart. If something is binding or doesn't feel right, stop and reassess. Should need some gentle nudging if there are dowel pins, but the gaps between parts should open evenly.

Dont get crushed or pinched is right? And don't do this in front of something you might need to move later and now it's blocked in your shop.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

4930 8R410 JOHN DEERE C/A MFD E23 POWERSHIFT W/ILS 2023 MODEL 480/80R50/DUALS 420/85R34 FRONT DUALS (A34733)
4930 8R410 JOHN...
JOHN DEERE DRA 10' SEEDER, S/N 63041 (A34808)
JOHN DEERE DRA 10'...
2015 Starfire 3000 Receiver With RTK (A33028)
2015 Starfire 3000...
2015 Ford Transit 250 Cargo Van (A33249)
2015 Ford Transit...
New AGT Mini Excavator QK16R Blue (A34302)
New AGT Mini...
2005 JLG 400s (A34573)
2005 JLG 400s (A34573)