2014 5610 F PTO not working 50-78 error

/ 2014 5610 F PTO not working 50-78 error #1  

hardhat

Silver Member
That error is aux hydraulic diverter off. Front aux hydraulics work fine. High flow is fine. Resistance of PTO diverter solenoid is 7.1 ohms (reference 6.8 ohms) so I think that is fine. 14v delivered to solenoid when hitting pto switch, but no pto action. Sits for a few seconds then pops error light and aux/pto light starts blinking.

Any ideas?

/ 2014 5610 F PTO not working 50-78 error
This is an old post from when I had to fix the high flow solenoid...... Gonna go check out PTO switch as I might have a wire loose somewhere under there since I got this error code when doing this repair, but did get pto back going... :confused3:

Re: HIgh flow error 29-03??????? Toolcat 5610 F-series
Repair completed. Was not that bad. Joystick did not have to come off. Side access cover on passenger side, console and top access cover under console had to come off. They slid over the joystick. New solenoid was slightly different and had to grind down plastic hold down nut and use a different o-ring in order for threads to have adequate bite. New solenoid did not have a recess ground into it. Works fine. I must've hooked something up wrong the first go around because PTO would not work and got error 50-78. Took things back apart (just wires on console switches) and reattached everything. Did not find my error, but after that all is well. Error code went away. BTW resistance on new solenoid was about 10 ohm. Old was shorted and read 3 ohms. Good to have the old girl back working properly. I use the 5610 for everything. Probably need to have a backup machine like a v417 or a t190 as well......

Get a service manual. Worth every penny of $20.

/ 2014 5610 F PTO not working 50-78 error
Problem solved. Took everything apart in the console including the pto switch itself which is interesting. Hooked everything back up and it works. Didn't see anything obvious but maybe some of the connectors were not making good contact.
At any rate, pto works and code is gone. Will see if problem returns.

/ 2014 5610 F PTO not working 50-78 error #4  
well-done-smiley.png Hope it keeps working 2_thumbs-up.png