2016 XR4040 Regen Issue

/ 2016 XR4040 Regen Issue #1  

DaleAdkins

Tractor
LS XR 4040
Hello all. I have a 2016 XR4040 with 800 hours+/- on it. Today the regen (Right hand) light came on when I started the tractor. After it had warmed up a bit, the second (left hand) light came on for about 10 seconds and went off. Then the Red Check engine light came on. It's not throwing any codes but it wont stay in regen mode. I tried several time to restarting the tractor, got both lights quickly, then 10 seconds later the left regen light goes out and the engine light comes on.
Anyone have this issue before? What was the issue?

/ 2016 XR4040 Regen Issue #2  
Any other symptoms? Is it running rough or differently in any way? Have you done anything to your tractor recently? This sounds really odd.

/ 2016 XR4040 Regen Issue #3  
Stuck over-ride switch?

/ 2016 XR4040 Regen Issue #4  
It may be the burner. I have a 2014 4046XR and had to have mine replaced. Same symptoms. Unfortunately it cost about $2400 installed. I was out of warranty.

/ 2016 XR4040 Regen Issue #5  
Just to clarify the dealer called it a burner kit. Took about 6 hours for them to install.

/ 2016 XR4040 Regen Issue #6  
Hello all. I have a 2016 XR4040 with 800 hours+/- on it. Today the regen (Right hand) light came on when I started the tractor. After it had warmed up a bit, the second (left hand) light came on for about 10 seconds and went off. Then the Red Check engine light came on. It's not throwing any codes but it wont stay in regen mode. I tried several time to restarting the tractor, got both lights quickly, then 10 seconds later the left regen light goes out and the engine light comes on.
Anyone have this issue before? What was the issue?
Did you figure out what was going on?

/ 2016 XR4040 Regen Issue #7  
Please give us a update.

I have a 2014 xr3032 that I picking up from dealer today. It has been there for over a year because of regen failure and being stuck in limp mode. They replaced the ECU, Injectors, and had the DPF filter dipped in a acid tank to clean it. I am scared I will have issues again in a matter of time. If I keep it I would like to delete the system as RedLineCummins has done in this thread.

READY TO BURN THIS THING TO THE GROUND!!!

/ 2016 XR4040 Regen Issue #8  
You're a champion. I was searching the forum for 2 hours last night. This is exactly what I was looking for. Someone who has done something about the regen. Giving me peace of mind to do the job myself. Thanks so much for sharing this.

/ 2016 XR4040 Regen Issue #9  
My 2014 XR 4046 started doing the same thing about 300 hours after the new injector kit was installed. Either it was the injector kit again or the ECU. I didn't want to go through the hassle again so I traded for a new MT 357. Dealer gave me a good trade in amount and had what I wanted on the lot. I really like several of the new features. The neutral PTO lever is great. The 3pt lever at the rear is handy and the linked pedal I really like especially for roading across town.

/ 2016 XR4040 Regen Issue #10  
You're a champion. I was searching the forum for 2 hours last night. This is exactly what I was looking for. Someone who has done something about the regen. Giving me peace of mind to do the job myself. Thanks so much for sharing this.
Glad I could help.

Wow - so I paid $4,700 for the tractor work and I am still having issues! It ran great for about 10 minutes. The lights are blinking it is bogging down and died twice. The dealer said I could leave it there and they would look at it next week.... They would not take it as a trade in. I only had the tractor for less than 3 months before having regen failure, and paid 10,000 for it.

My options are :

Abandon it, sell on tractorhouse get whatever I can for it. If I take video if it running and state that the regen lights are on. Maybe I could get $8,000??

Deleting the dps system

Taking it to another dealer to fix - who knows what that would cost...

I am thinking that I may as well attempt to delete the dps as I do not have much more to lose at this point.

Last edited: