2016 Yanmar 424 Questions

/ 2016 Yanmar 424 Questions #1  

snooks

Bronze Member
Tractor
YM2500
I have a lot of questions, but a little experience first. I have an old Yanmar 2500 with loader, been a great tractor. Used mostly for construction projects and snow removal. Used chains for snow removal due to 2wd. As my needs change, I will be doing less construction and more snow removal and gardening. Would like to have some wind protection and really don't want to fool with chains. Also have a 5' rice patty tiller that I would like to use. Other implements I own, DR 3pt wood chipper, 5' Box Blade and 6' Rake. So, I found a 2016 Yanmar 424 with less than 300 hrs, cab and heater. Has loader and belly mower (I have no use for the belly mower). Appears to be really good shape. 1) Do you think I would be happy going from the old Yanmar 2500 2wd to the Yanmar 424 4wd? 2) What would be a good price outright for a 300 hr 2016 Yanmar 424 with loader, cab and belly mower? 3) If I didn't go this route, what would I expect to pay for a cab separately? 4) Is there a better option than a perm cab? Thank you in advance.

/ 2016 Yanmar 424 Questions #2  
I went from a JD 770 (made by Yanmar) to a MF 1635 cab and absolutely love the cab for everything I use it for, which is brush hogging and snow removal. There's nothing like coming home from work in dress pants and shoes and just getting in the cab without gloves and cleaning out the driveway in comfort. Brush hogging in AC comfort is great too, no bugs and I find that I end up doing it on a rainy day that wouldn't have been too productive without the cab.

As for aftermarket cabs, they are just not the same. Better than nothing, but not in the same league. Tractorhouse is a good resource for what the market prices are.