2020 Branson 3620H Transmission

/ 2020 Branson 3620H Transmission #1  

dirtfergy

Tractor
2020 Branson 3620H 35hp
This new model tractor has 4 hydrostatic gears A-B-C and D. My problem in the D gear which is the fastest. From a standing start, it will rev up and then almost stall out as the tractor goes forwards. All other gears do not have this problem. D gear in reverse does not exhibit this problem. Only 2 hours on the tractor, fluids are all good too. We tried various RPMs as well. Did 1500, 2000 and even 2500. Same results. Power drop and sometimes stall.
Any ideas whats going on? My dealer ALLDEES Tractor in Nacogdoches county Tx is calling Georgia headquarters to see what they know about it. In the mean time he said to work it and he would take care of me. Good dealer!

/ 2020 Branson 3620H Transmission #2  
Interesting. I am sure your dealer will find the answer. I find it strange you do not have the same issue in reverse. Good luck!

/ 2020 Branson 3620H Transmission #3  
you have to ease very gently into that range on the new 3620h's from what i've seen they tend to be a tad sensitive, and if you press to hard to fast it stalls like you dropped the clutch in an old car.
I'm waiting on a response from Branson's service department about how to adjust the sensitivity for this at the pedals.
Bransons service guys, said they are working on a solution and should have us an answer hopefully before we all leave for the holidays, they have instructed us to just have our customers keeping using them for now until a solution can be reached and the tractors can be adjusted to work normally in that range.

/ 2020 Branson 3620H Transmission #4  
Thank you for such a fast response Asteral.

/ 2020 Branson 3620H Transmission #5  
I am assuming all Branson Hydrostats exhibit similar traits. It took quite a while for me to train myself to push the go-pedal ever so gently, particularly in high range. It is like you need to push so gently as to keep from crushing an egg between your foot and the pedal. Otherwise, it does what you describe. Now it is second nature to me not to over push on the pedal. There have been other threads where new owners comment on this characteristic.

/ 2020 Branson 3620H Transmission #6  
I have to go easy on the HST in high range on my 3725 or it will stall the engine. The linked throttle is a fixed ratio that is not aware of the range selected, and it's not enough throttle for high range. (a limitation of the purely mechanical system) So I have to set the hand throttle. Even then I have to ease into it and can't just mash down the HST pedal. My land and roads are too steep to use high range for more than just making sure it works but I expect that on flat ground I could get it up to speed. But I'd have to start with just a little pedal and gradually increase it.

Remember the HST pedal is not the throttle even thought it's linked to the throttle and you can drive it like it is in most situations. It's choosing the transmission gearing, and a little HST pedal means low gearing.

The OPs issue could just be naturally using less HST pedal when backing up, and using too much for high range when going forward.

Making the pedals less sensitive (meaning more pedal travel for the same gearing effect) could help both because it requires more pedal travel before stalling the engine, and if it means the throttle linkage travels farther so there's more throttle for the same HST gearing.

/ 2020 Branson 3620H Transmission
Glad to hear that it is probably just an adjustment to the pedal and not something serious regarding the transmission or engine. In the meantime, I am knocking down heavy brush, 4" pines and dead trees. Seems gears B and C are the ones used the most with A for creeping into the big stuff and pushing trees and trunks around. Good little tractor and I am glad I purchased this brand.

/ 2020 Branson 3620H Transmission #8  
Glad to hear you're enjoying your new mule. While my model only has a 3 range hydro, I have to say I'm almost never in H range. Only when roading it down the road in front of the house. And like Eric, when starting out in H from a stop, I have to slowly press down on the forward pedal to give the transmission time to engage gradually. I also only use the hand throttle when I'm mowing (driving the pto). Since I never mow in H range, I can't say I've tried to run up the hand throttle first and then take off in H.

It did take me a few hours of operation to get used to how sensitive the motion pedals were. Slight pedal change made for instant ground speed changes. I'm not sure if the tractor "broke in" and got better, or if I did. I do remember the first time I ever turned off the cruise control just by pressing the button (without pressing down the motion pedal first). It dang near face planted me into the windshield. Lol.

/ 2020 Branson 3620H Transmission #9  
I have the 3620H and I can tell you 36HP isn't enough in 4H range to just use the foot peddle. Set the rpm's above 2k and use moderate pressure on the peddle and you'll be just fine. Additionally since I live in the hills I've been looking into adding the turbo to compensate for the altitude I'm at as well as gain some HP.

/ 2020 Branson 3620H Transmission
Alldees Tractor came thru for me. The factory says that an o ring needs to be added to the forward pedal shaft linkage, or something like that. But I remember it was an easy fix and will have it done when I go in to have it serviced. Have been adding some tools this year. A Stevens Tractor 60" Hiller, a quick hitch from Harbor Freight and a Bad Boy Rotary Cutter from Tractor Supply. Still need a disc harrower and a box blade. The stuff from the dealer looks promising and is definitely priced right