/ 2032r Amber Beacon Ideas #1  

dgaberdiel

Tractor
John Deere 2032r
I have a 2032r. I'm looking for ideas on how to mount a round amber LED beacon light to my ROPS without welding or drilling holes, and still have the folding functional. I was looking to see what others have done. Attached is the style of light I'm going to be using.

Attachments

• Whelen L31.jpg
    Whelen L31.jpg
    758.6 KB · Views: 73
   / 2032r Amber Beacon Ideas #2  
Can't you find a magnetic one? It would makes things a looot easier for you.

Beacon and SMV sign is now required over here for any tractor going on the road. Some tractors come with the short piece of tubing welded on the ROPS to mount a beacon, others just don't and a magnetic one if often used in those cases.

If you can't get a magnetic one, I guess you need to fabricate some sort of bracket for it that is attached to the ROPS with a U bolt.

/ 2032r Amber Beacon Ideas #3  
Hose clamps or industrial tie-wraps.mount it offset and below the top of the roll hoop. Trees & brush will knock it off. Maybe even your garage door.

/ 2032r Amber Beacon Ideas #4  
I have a 2032r. I'm looking for ideas on how to mount a round amber LED beacon light to my ROPS without welding or drilling holes, and still have the folding functional. I was looking to see what others have done. Attached is the style of light I'm going to be using.
I just bought the amber beacon with the magnetic base. Easy, peasy. and not expensive and not in the way when in the woods or under low lying limbs, etc.

/ 2032r Amber Beacon Ideas #5  
Hose clamps or industrial tie-wraps.mount it offset and below the top of the roll hoop. Trees & brush will knock it off. Maybe even your garage door.
That's how I mounted my magnetic bottom amber 'whoop whoop'. A few industrial tie-wraps (zip-ties) and it's been working fine for years.
Mine is mounted on the right side of the ROPS as we drive on the left over here. :)
The 'curly cord' gets plugged into a "cigarette" receptacle that I ran from the battery to the frame under the seat. I only plug it in when needed/required, otherwise the plug is 'tucked up' out of the way.

Attachments

• mirror 1 (1).JPG
    mirror 1 (1).JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 68
   / 2032r Amber Beacon Ideas #6  
here is a pic of mine, a little hard to see, but the rops folded halfway. It’s a magnetic base and is attached pretty solid. The problem newer JD’s the rops leans forward and we need a bracket to level it with the rops up. I only use my beacon when moving snow or road so I lave the rops folded.

137666BA-0C8A-41AD-84CA-D692B810BBB9.jpeg

/ 2032r Amber Beacon Ideas #7  
I just locked mine down with HD wire ties. I have to drop my ROPS every time I put my tractor away.
YellowLight.jpeg

Put the water proof switch in a blank slot next to the yellow PTO switch.
Yellowswitch.jpeg

chain.jpeg

/ 2032r Amber Beacon Ideas #8  
I have a class-1 amber beacon on the ROPS of my 2720. It has a magnetic base and is very secure. It has been on there about four years now and has not fallen off or changed position.

/ 2032r Amber Beacon Ideas #9  
I have a class-1 amber beacon on the ROPS of my 2720. It has a magnetic base and is very secure. It has been on there about four years now and has not fallen off or changed position.
The reason that I've also zip-tied my beacon to the ROPS is in case a rare, low bough comes in contact with it... I wouldn't want it to come crashing down. They're not inexpensive, although you can buy cheap ones. You get what you pay for, eh?

An ounce of prevention.